School Counseling Supervisor Module
Overview of School Counseling Program
We hope that you will consider serving as a site supervisor for Liberty University's School Counseling Program Practicum/Internship candidates.
In order to be eligible to serve as a counseling site supervisor you must meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a minimum of a master's degree in counseling or a related profession with equivalent qualifications
- Hold appropriate professional licenses and/or certifications (e.g. for a school setting you must hold a license/certification as a school counselor, for other counseling settings you must have an appropriate credential in counseling)
- Have a minimum of three years of professional experience in the counseling profession (at least two years of school counseling experience is required for internship site supervisors).
- Currently working in a counseling setting
- Have a knowledge of Liberty University's School Counseling program requirements as outlined on the School Counseling Home Page
- Have appropriate training in counselor supervision, which you can obtain through:
- Liberty's Counselor Supervision Training Module or
- Documenting previous training using the correct form below.
If you would like to be considered to serve as a counseling site supervisor please complete the following form:
Please review the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) Best Practices in Clinical Supervision.
Liberty's faculty will assess potential practicum/internship counselor supervisors for the required experience and credentials as required by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) and the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).