You are here: Home > Offices > Military Affairs

Tuition Assistance FAQ


If you did not find what you were looking for...

Check out these other Frequently Asked Questions or chat us live so we may assist you:

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

  • I plan on using Tuition Assistance to pay for my tuition. How does the registration and Financial Check-In process work?

Tuition Assistance guides are available for each branch of service, veterans, those employed through the Department of Defense, and military spouses.


  • I am in the Virginia National Guard (VaARNG), how do I get TA?

See our Army TA page and reference our VaARNG section for an explanation of the process to get both Federal and State TA.


  • When is my TA authorization form due?

Due dates for TA will vary according to your branch of service. An approved paper TA form must be submitted to Liberty University by the TA form deadline to ensure funds will be posted in time for Financial Check-In.


  • How long will it take for my TA to be processed once I submit the TA form or authorizations?

Once submitted, the Office of Military Affairs, will be process your TA within 1-3 business days.
Note: If Financial Check-In deadlines are near, TA processing time may be extended to 3-5 business days.

Once your TA has been processed, you will receive email verification from the Office of Military Affairs to your Liberty email account. You will also receive instructions on how to complete Financial Check-In, which is the final step in completing your enrollment. Once you have received these instructions, please proceed with Financial Check-In unless otherwise advised by a Military Affairs Counselor.


  • I cannot get TA until 30-45 days prior to the start date, how do I complete Financial Check-in?

Students using Military Tuition Assistance receive an extended Financial Check-In deadline when they are enrolled in multiple terms within a semester. However, to receive this extended deadline, TA must secure your funding for the first course(s) by the original check-in deadline.

Please be aware that if you drop a course that you will be taking later in the semester then your Financial Check In deadline will revert back to your first term deadline. If Financial Check-In has not been completed by the deadline you could be assessed a late financial check in fee. (Example, You are enrolled in B-term & D-term and you decide to drop your D-term, you would now revert back to the B-term Financial Check-in deadline.)


  • I am using GoArmyEd and I need to request my Tuition Assistance. When does registration open on the GoArmyEd portal?

Registration will open eight weeks prior to the start date of the course. Go to our GoArmyEd Dates & Deadlines page for more information.


  • How is my Tuition Assistance processed if I have the seminary tuition cap?

Each seminary student is eligible to receive the seminary tuition cap of $2,550 once he/she is registered for 9-15 credit hours.

Students will need to request TA for their courses as usual. TA can only be applied if there are sufficient charges on the account that require the TA. If you are approved more TA than what you are being charged due to the seminary cap, we will only post enough TA to cover your charges. The military will be billed only for the amount you were charged and any remaining TA will be returned to your available funds for the remainder of the fiscal year.


  • How do I get a copy of my SOC Agreement/Degree Completion Plan?

You can access a copy of your degree completion plan through your ASIST account. If you are an active duty student using Tuition Assistance in an undergraduate degree please email to request a copy of your SOC agreement. Graduate military students needing a signed Degree Completion Plan for their Tuition Assistance can email with this request.

Students using the GoArmyEd portal will have their SOC Agreements and Degree Completion Plans uploaded before the completion of their sixth credit hour registered for through the GoArmyEd portal.


  • How do I change my degree on the GoArmyEd portal?

Please contact your ACES Counselor or submit a Helpdesk ticket through the GoArmyEd portal.