You are here: Home > Offices > Military Affairs

Become a Student - Military Guide

Liberty University has been a longtime supporter of the United States military. Liberty University strives every day to provide excellent service and information so the stress of becoming a student does not come from your military benefits. The Office of Military Affairs at Liberty University has a dedicated and professional staff standing by to assist you with any question or concerns that you might face during the admissions process.

Why should you choose Liberty University?

  • Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program with no student or funding cap.
  • Opportunities to participate in Army ROTC and Air Force ROTC.
  • Evaluation of military training for college credit.
  • Military student groups.
  • $250 Confirmation Deposit waiver upon receipt of military verification.

As you embark on your academic journey, the admissions process can seem overwhelming. The Office of Military Affairs has designed 4 easy steps to help you successfully navigate through the admissions process and begin your classes with ease.

STEP 1: Apply for Admission

  • Complete an online application or call (800) 543-5317 to speak with an Admissions Counselor. Please be sure to complete the military information portion of the application.

STEP 2: College Credit for Military Training

STEP 3: Submit Civilian Transcripts

  • Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. (Post-master's candidates must send in official transcripts for admissions purposes). You may fax unofficial transcripts to (800) 542-2311.
  • Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy), must be received prior to enrollment in courses. Official Transcripts can be sent to the address below.
  • Official high school transcripts – unless you are transferring an associate degree – and college transcripts (if applicable): Transcript Request Form

Liberty University Office of Residential Admissions
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515

STEP 4: Contact Military Education Office

Contact your base education office or the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to determine eligibility for Tuition Assistance or Veterans benefits. If eligible, please view the Tuition Assistance and GI Bill® benefits page for a step-by-step TA/VA benefit and Financial Check-In guide. (If you are a dependent using transferred GI Bill benefits, ensure the service member has transferred entitlement to you through the Department of Defense.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at