Yellow Ribbon Scholarship
Liberty University has partnered with the Veterans Affairs (VA) Administration to offer the Yellow Ribbon Program Scholarship to students with 100% eligibility under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
This program allows degree-granting institutions of higher learning in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs will match the same amount as the institution.
What does it cover?
- The Yellow Ribbon Program at Liberty University will cover 100% of tuition and fees over the yearly tuition cap (50% funded by Liberty University and 50% funded by the Department of Veterans Affairs)
- All students with 100% eligibility are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship, except for Active Duty students and their spouses, per the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The Yellow Ribbon Program only applies to tuition and associated fees. Housing expenses and other voluntary fees are not covered.
- Most online students who are eligible for Yellow Ribbon are not likely to need this additional scholarship coverage due to lower tuition costs.
How do I apply?
- Follow the instructions on the Post-9/11 GI Bill Guide to set up your benefit at Liberty University.
- Eligible students will automatically receive Yellow Ribbon funding on their account when the standard Post-9/11 credit does not cover 100% of their tuition and fees.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at VABenefits@liberty.edu.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.