Submitting a Manuscript
In order to submit your manuscript to Liberty University Press for consideration, please complete the following steps:
- Format your manuscript using our Sample Interior document. Save your manuscript as a .doc or .docx file. Your entire manuscript should be in one document.
- Review and edit your manuscript carefully one last time prior to submission. All authors are responsible for the factual correctness and formatting of the manuscript, notes, and citations. Carefully follow citation guidelines established by the style guide used most frequently in your field (examples: APA, MLA, Turabian).
- Fill out our Author Proposal. Attach your manuscript and author proposal to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happens Next
Liberty University Press has received a record number of manuscript submissions. Thank you for your patience as we review your publication.
The manuscript review process includes the following steps:
- Once we receive your manuscript, it will be reviewed by our production team and a faculty review board to see if it meets Liberty University Press quality and content standards. This process can take several months if your book includes in-depth material from your specific academic field.
- From there, we research the market to see if there is an audience for your book.
- If your book receives approval from the production team, and there is space on the Liberty University Press production calendar, an acceptance letter will be sent to you. If your manuscript is accepted, the acceptance letter will come with a contract.