Add Videos in Blackboard – YouTube Instructions
Create an account
- Go to www.YouTube.com/signup
- Click on the "Create Account" link in the upper- right corner of the home page.
- Fill out the form following the instructions on the Web page.
- Click the "Create New Account and Finish" button.
- Check your email for a YouTube confirmation.
Depending on your filter settings, you may need to check your junk mail.
- The last step is to go to the Web page noted in the email.
Upload a video
- Instructions and help are located here.
- Follow the uploading instruction
- Capture and Upload in High Definition!
- Best video formats for YouTube
- Up to 15 minutes in length per video.
Need more help? Visit the YouTube Help page.
Set Your Video To Unlisted
- Sign in to your YouTube account and click the Account link located (at the top-right of any page ).
- Next, click the link. Choose the video you want to change and click the Edit button, and then choose Info and Settings.
- On the left-hand side of the page (towards the bottom) you'll see Privacy options. Click the little black arrow / triangle to expand and see all your privacy options (if it is not already open and you cannot see your privacy options).
- Your video should be set to Unlisted, unless otherwise stated by your professor
Embed video in Blackboard
- Once you have successfully uploaded your video, open the video link and click the "Share" button below it
- Click the Embed button to see the code.
- Select all the text of the embed code and copy it to the computer's clipboard.
- Go to your Blackboard course and the area you wish to embed the video.
- Add a new item and/or new discussion board post.
- Notice the text area box and the toolbar for text formatting.
- Select the "< >" button on the toolbar at the top of the textbox to switch to HTML mode.
You should see the following notification: You are in HTML Source mode. Use the [<>] button to switch back to normal mode.
- Paste your embed code into the text area box and then press the "<>" again.
- Click submit.
Removing your videos from YouTube
- Log into Youtube
- Go to http://youtube.com/my_videos
- You will see all your videos & info.
- Click the "Remove Video" button below the video icon.
- Your video is removed.