You are here: Home > Offices > Military Affairs

My Career Advancement (MyCAA) for Military Spouses

Spouses of Active Duty or activated National Guard or Reserve service members seeking an Associate’s degree, certifications and licensure programs may be eligible for the Military Spouse Career Advancement benefit which offers up to $4,000.00 in educational Tuition Assistance.

To determine your eligibility for this program and to register, please go to the MyCAA website. If you are eligible for the MyCAA program please follow the steps below.

STEP 1: Apply for the MyCAA program on the MyCAA website

  • Military spouses (as defined in 1 U.S.C. § 7) may call a Military OneSource Career/Education Consultant for assistance, (800) 342-9647.
  • MyCAA is now requiring all students to submit an Education and Training Plan prior to MyCAA funding courses.  Please email to request a personalized Education and Training plan. Please be advised that you must be accepted and enrolled into an eligible degree or certificate program before an Education and Training plan can be created. Please review our webpage to learn more about the MyCAA Education Training Plan.
  • After the application is submitted, the military spouse will be notified of his/her eligibility status through the MyCAA messaging system.

STEP 2: Upload courses

  • Once your account is active on the MyCAA website you will need to upload the courses you plan to take at Liberty University.

STEP 3: Register for courses

  • You can register online through the ASIST portal or by contacting your Academic Advisor located in CASAS.

STEP 4: Request MyCAA funding for your courses

  • You may begin requesting funding 60 days prior to the start date of the course and must request funding at least 15 days prior to the start date.  You will need to go onto MyCAA to request the funding for the course(s) you plan to take.  If you have questions please contact your MyCAA Education Counselor, (800) 342-9647.
  • Please review: Things to remember when requesting MyCAA funding.
  • Please note: MyCAA does not cover any fees. (Ex. Technology Fee, Class Fee, Books etc…)
  • The GI Bill® (all chapters including Ch. 30, 1607, 1606, 33 and 35), most outside scholarships and MyCAA funding are not stackable and therefore may need to be adjusted based on the students eligibility. If a student is planning on using MyCAA funding, GI Bill and outside scholarships within the same semester please email to verify if these types of aid can be combined.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

STEP 5: Submit FA MyCAA form to the Military Affairs office

  • In order for us to post the MyCAA funding to your student account you must submit your FA form to us.
  • Follow step-by-step guidance on the MyCAA Spouse Portal
  • You may email to or fax to 434-455-1287.

STEP 6: Liberty will post the MyCAA to your student account

  • Once we receive your approved Financial Assistance form, we will post the authorized amount of aid to your student account.

STEP 7: Await Email Confirmation

  • Once the funding is posted, you will receive an email confirmation stating that you are ready to complete Financial Check-in.

STEP 8: Review Important Information & FAQ about MyCAA


Things to remember when requesting MyCAA funding:

  • When you request MyCAA funding, you will need to know the start/end dates of the term(s) you are applying for.
  • If you are taking an intensive you will need to put the start/end dates for the entire semester. (Example: You are taking a Spring 2015 intensive. You will need to put 1/12/2015 - 5/8/2015).
  • If you are taking LU Online courses that are 8 weeks long you must request the funding for each specific 8 week term. (Example: You are enrolled in one B subterm course and one D subterm course.  You will need to request two different Financial Assistance forms, one with the B subterm dates and the other with D subterm dates).  Any FA forms received with courses that do not match the dates and/or terms will not be accepted.

Back to Top