Remember, ALL students are required to complete Financial Check-In for each term attended in addition to any manual payments.
If you are currently enrolled in a payment plan and intend to pay your remaining balance partially or in-full, please be sure that you adjust any remaining payment plan installments by going all the way back through Financial Check-In until you receive a new Check-In Confirmation page* - this process will lock-in any adjustments. More information concerning payment plan and the adjustment process can be found on the Payment Plans home page.
*You must lock-in adjustments at least five days prior to your next draft date to take effect for that installment.
Returned/Declined Payment/Payment Plan Information
Accepted Payment Methods
Web Payments via ASIST
- LU Login - ASIST - New ASIST - Student Tab - Student Accounts - Make a Payment
- Credit Card - Electronic Check
Student Service Center
- Cashier's Windows - Map of Green Hall providing directions.
- Cash - Check- Money Order - Credit Card
Student Accounts Office
PO Box 10425
Lynchburg, VA 24506
Check - Money Order
- Please contact a Student Service Representative at (434) 592-3600 for assistance with a Wire Transfer.
Cash Personal Checks
- Cashiers at the Student Service Center can cash up to $50 per week per student - $1 fee associated with service
Returned or Declined Payments
General Information concerning Payment Plan Draft Failure
In the event that one or more of a student's payment plan automated draft payments fail, the student and account holder are both responsible for return or decline. See Check-In Receipt Contract.
Students will be notified via @liberty.edu e-mail account and by phone of any returns/declines. It is the student's responsibility to forward this message to any other financially responsible party.
If you believe there may be a transaction error, please contact your Student Accounts Representative. You may be asked to provide a copy of your bank statement on bank letterhead (online account summary printouts are unacceptable) showing that funds were available. You can reach Student Accounts at (434) 592-3600 or Student Accounts Contact Information
Consequences of Payment Plan Draft Failure
- $35 return/decline fee (non-refundable).
- In the case of two or more returned/declined payment plan installments:
- Students will be ineligible to participate in the Payment Plan Program.
- 100% of balance will be required at Financial Check-In deadlines for all future terms.
- Students will not be able to make online payments via automated checking.
- Cash, money order, or credit card payments must be made with the Student Accounts Cashier.
- If students do not respond to payment plan failure notifications, he/she may be subject to reprimands, loss of services (including dining services), and removal from courses.