The carpool program is a practical way that the Liberty University community can improve transportation for everyone! Even if just a small group of Liberty students and employees carpool, the benefits to Liberty and the surrounding community are incredible. The program is pretty easy – if any combination of student or employee gives up one car that would have otherwise taken up the space for someone else, you qualify! We have worked hard to make sure the carpool program addresses many of the reasons why sharing a car to get to work or school is hard for us to do.
What you get:
1. Access to the reserved carpool parking spaces in DeMoss, Reber-Thomas Dr, and Fincher parking lotd as well as parking in any unrestricted space in zones 1, 2, and 3.
2. A hangtag that can be used on any vehicle registered to the carpool
3. Each vehicle registered to the carpool gets the $30 Nights and Weekends permit for free. This permit allows the vehicle to be on campus after 5 PM on weekdays, weekends, finals week, and other days when the fall/spring semester classes are not in session
4. Each person will get 2 exception passes per semester to use in Zone 1, 2, and 3 parking areas on the car that does not have the carpool hangtag.
How can I participate?
1. First you need to find people to carpool with. We can help there too. You can post a carpool request or start a carpool that others can join here.
2. When you find your group, download/print the application, complete it and bring you and your group to LUPD to complete the registration. If you already have another permit, LUPD will give you further instructions.
3. Annual cost for program is $30 per carpool and will be charged to the Carpool Leader designated in the application. If the Carpool Leader is a student, the fee will be assessed on the student account. If an employee, the fee will be assessed through a one-time payroll deduction.
3. You will receive your hangtag, nights and weekends permits, exception passes, and ride home vouchers after registering your carpool.