Master of Arts in History (M.A.)
- Credit Hours Required: 30 (thesis track) , 36 (comprehensive track)
- 2015-2016 Tuition: $540 per credit hour
- Visit the College of Arts and Sciences
- $50.00 application fee (beginning Fall 2016, the application fee will be deferred and assessed during Financial Check-In)
- Regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing (2.75-2.99 may be admitted on caution)
- Official college transcripts (must be mailed directly from your college to Liberty University in an official, sealed envelope)
- Statement of Purpose (300-500 words) - The Statement of Purpose should include your goals as well as an explanation of what you hope to gain from and contribute to the program.
- Prerequisites (Must be taken prior to admission): Minimum of 18 undergraduate credit hours in history or related discipline (lower or upper-level hours)
- Submit two academic or professional letters of recommendation. Recommendations must be on university or company letterhead with a wet signature.
- Self-Certification Form (for students in the final term of their bachelor's degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a Graduation Application through their ASIST Account.
- Additional admission requirements for international students
Additional Requirements for Thesis Track
- Research Paper (12-15 pages in length) with Turabian citation and formatting
- Official GRE test scores.
- GRE: The applicant must have a minimum score of 155 in the verbal sections and 3.5 in the analytical writing section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Download a degree completion plan for your intended area of study: