Master of Arts in History (M.A.)
- Credit Hours Required: 30 (thesis track) , 36 (comprehensive track)
- 2015-2016 Tuition: $540 per credit hour
- Academic information
- $50 application fee
- Alumni of Liberty will have their application fee waived by contacting a graduate academic advisor at 877-298-9617 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Active Military men and women will have their application fee waived by contacting a graduate academic advisor at 877-298-9617 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing (admission on caution is on a case-by-case basis)
- Official college transcripts (must be mailed directly from your college to Liberty University in an official, sealed envelope)
- Statement of Purpose (300-500 words) - The Statement of Purpose should include your goals as well as an explanation of what you hope to gain from and contribute to the program.
- Prerequisites (Must be taken prior to admission): Minimum of 18 undergraduate credit hours in history or related discipline (lower or upper-level hours)
- Submit two faculty Letters of Recommendation.
- Self-Certification Form (for students in the final term of their bachelor's degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a Graduation Application through their ASIST Account.
- Additional admission requirements for international students
Additional Requirements for Thesis Track
- Research Paper (8-10 pages or longer) with Turabian citation and formatting
- Official GRE test scores.
- GRE: The applicant must have a minimum score of 155 in the verbal and quantitative sections and 3.5 in the analytical writing section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).