Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
Elementary Education - Licensure
- Intensives: EDUC 504, 623, and 532 (or 632); must have three intensives.
- Field Experiences and Student Teaching
- Content competencies must be completed PRIOR to student teaching; remaining courses must be registered and updated on your content competencies evaluation form PRIOR to applying for Gate 3 (contact email@example.com for your evaluation and updates).
- Licensure test information (passing scores required PRIOR to applying for Gate 3*)
- Praxis II:
- Praxis II - Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (taken after 7/1/2014)
- Praxis II - Content Knowledge (taken before 7/1/2014)
NOTE: Adding an endorsement is STRONGLY recommended to enhance employment opportunities.
*All unofficial transcripts are required for competency evaluations. Please email copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 434-455-1286.
Special Education Additional courses for dual endorsement: EDUC 524, 525, 622, 599
VDOE: An individual who holds a teaching license may add an additional endorsement to the license by passing Praxis II. This testing option does not apply to individuals who are seeking an elementary education endorsement.