What information do I need to put on my requisition?
Most of the information necessary to successfully complete a requisition is required within the Banner fields.
• The more detailed the information you provide, the more likely you are to receive what you need.
• If you have a vendor or manufacturer item number, please include it.
• You are strongly encouraged to secure a firm price quote, including freight, before submitting a requisition. When you do, e-mail the quote to email@example.com or fax it to 592-0424.
• If you have any special instructions such as a specific need by date, be sure to include that information in the comments field.
I just finished my requisition. What happens next?
Once a requisition is initiated, the approval process starts. Normally, this will include several levels in your department and may go to other departments (for conditional approval) in certain circumstances. Once all approval levels have been completed, the requisition goes to Financial Planning & Budgeting to ensure the funds are available for the purchase and all University policies have been followed. After Budget approval, the requisition goes to Procurement the next day for generation of a purchase order and the order is placed.
When will I receive my order?
Procurement places 98% of all requisitions on the day after approval by Budget.
• If additional paperwork is required or Procurement does not have a copy of the price quote from the vendor, the order may be delayed.
• If we need clarification or issues arise when attempting to place the order, the Procurement staff will contact you to resolve the problem.
• Depending on where your product is shipping from, vendor lead times, seasonal fluctuations and product type, it may be a few days or several weeks until you physically receive your product.
My product should have been here by now. What do I do?
Call Procurement at 592-3012 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to follow through that same day and respond to you as soon as possible.
I have an emergency. I need my product immediately.
As stewards of the university’s resources, Procurement will not execute a purchase order without final approval from Budget. The suggested course of action is as follows:
• Double check the item detail and prices to be sure that everything is correct.
• “Walk” the requisition through the approval chain. Notify your Budget officer that requisition number RXXXXXXX has been approved and ask for their immediate consideration.
• Once the requisition has been sent to Budget, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the requisition number to let us know that your requisition needs special attention.
• Procurement will always do whatever is possible to get you what you need, when you need it. Please keep in mind that other departments within the university community have needs that they believe are just as pressing as yours. We will do our best to accommodate special requests but remember that the more lead time is given, the better the opportunity for success.