Programs and Services

Parent & Family Connections

Liberty Resources

Lynchburg Resources

Contact Information

Parent and Family Connections


Does Liberty University offer health insurance for students?

  • No, Liberty currently does not offer a health insurance program for students to purchase.

Does Liberty have a way to notify the students should there be an emergency?

  • Yes, Liberty incorporated an emergency alert system in March 2009.  All Liberty students and staff may sign up to be notified in case of an emergency through their ASIST account. They can also register your phone number or email so that you can receive the notifications as well.

Where do I get an enrollment verification form for insurance purposes?

  • To receive verification documentation, you will need to follow the link below and fill out the Student Enrollment Verification Request Form.  It is an online form and will be submitted directly to Liberty's Verification Officers.  When you are signing into the form, you will need to use your full Liberty email address as your login (e.g., and your normal Liberty password.  The Verification Officers will then be in direct contact with you regarding any information about your Verification request.  Please note that there is a 24-48 hour processing time for Verification requests.

How do I address letters and packages to my student?

  • All mail should be addressed as follows:

    Student Name
    MSC Box #
    Liberty University

    1971 University Blvd
    Lynchburg, VA 24515-2213

  • *After MSC Box, just put the Liberty Box number.  Do not put the words "Liberty Box" or "PO Box" in front of it!
    Visit Liberty University Postal Services for additional information.

Does Liberty have a shuttle service?

  • Yes! Students can use the Liberty Transit System to get to Main, East, Green Hall (including Thomas Road Baptist Church) and even to different locations around Lynchburg. To view the routes and all Transit details visit:

Are there any opportunities for students to network rides for long distance trips during the breaks and vacations?

How can I access my student's grades and personal information?

  • Because of the FERPA law, parents cannot access their student's grades or personal information without the student signing a FERPA Release Waiver. This process is now done online through your student's ASIST account.

  • There have been new changes to the FERPA policy since September 5th. Your student(s) have been made aware through multiple communication efforts that they will need to update their FERPA.  Please encourage and check with your student(s) to see if they have made the appropriate updates. Previous FERPA forms have now been expired and in order for Liberty staff to release any financial or academic information to parents or another third party, that party must know the FERPA PIN number that is on file. If the student has any questions regarding this, please have them e-mail the Registrar’s office from their Liberty e-mail account.

       Here's how it works:

  1. The student will access the new Web-based FERPA Release Form through their personal ASIST account.
  2. If the student wants Liberty to share Student Accounts, Academic or Financial Aid information (or all three) to a third party or parties, the student will assign a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to that category. The number must be five or more digits in length. The student will follow the instructions on the FERPA PIN page to complete the process. For their own privacy, we are recommending that the student not use their Liberty ID#, their social security number or anything simple or easy to figure out as their FERPA PIN.
  3. Once the student has the PIN in place, they should only share that number with whomever they would like to have access to their private information. The student may change or remove a PIN at any time. This may be necessary in case the wrong person found out their FERPA PIN, or if they no longer want a certain person to have access.
  4. Once the student has established his or her PIN and has shared that with the person(s) to whom they would like to have access, then that person will be required to provide that exact PIN in order for Liberty officials to be able to release any confidential information about the student to that individual.

For any questions concerning dates, see the University Calendar below:

ID & Campus Services Lingo:

  • Flames Pass: The Flames Pass is the campus ID card. It provides access to Flames Cash, meal plans, events, LaHaye Student Union and other activities campus wide. Your Flames Pass is valid as long as the student is enrolled and financially checked-in.

  • The Higher One card: The Higher One DEBIT MasterCard is issued to every Liberty University student and is the tool needed to select a refund preference to receive financial refunds. Higher One is the banking partner that disburses refunds for the university.

  • OneAccount: This is the FDIC insured checking account administered by Higher One. Funds can be spent anywhere MasterCard is accepted. The Higher One card is the DEBIT card for the account.  Find more information at

  • Meal Plan Points: Used on campus to purchase food, points are awarded with all meal plans and can also be purchased from Liberty Dining in blocks of 25, non-taxable for students. Points expire at the end of the academic year. **Remember to tell the cashier you want to use your Points.  Find more information at

  • Meal Swipe: Depending on the meal plan selected, meals swipes are the amount of meals per week that can be eaten in the Reber-Thomas Dining Hall. There are also meal swipe equivalent in other locations throughout campus. **Week begins each Friday morning.

  • Flames Cash: Flames Cash is a declining balance account. Any funds deposited into this account can be spent with any participating merchant both on and off campus using the Flames Pass. Flames Cash is taxable. View a complete listing of participating merchants.

Does my student need renter's insurance to live on campus?

  • The University will not be responsible for damage to or loss of personal belongings, which are a result of wind, water, insects, rodents, vandalism or theft.  However, when damage or loss is reported, the University will take reasonable steps to attempt to resolve the problem.  Parents are encouraged to make sure their students' personal belongings are covered by their homeowner's policy or a renter's insurance.