Center for Professional & Continuing Education (CPCE)
NEW! "Karen Kingsbury Course" FREE!
Noncredit Online Course:
Karen Kingsbury's Writing and Publishing Fiction
Liberty University's first online, noncredit course is FREE to anyone interested in writing fiction.
Start today at www.Liberty.edu/Karen.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT CPCE
- Online Undergraduate and graduate certificate programs in more than 40 fields of study occur completely online and are completed for academic credit.
- Students can view course requirements for each certificate (known as Certificate Completion Plans) and tuition rates per credit hour.
What is the CPCE?
- CPCE offers professional development and personal enrichment courses to meet community and individual needs.
- Courses are available in various venues: conferences, workshops, classes, etc., and the only unit awarded for participation in these non-degree credit activities is the Continuing Education Unit (CEU).
- Typically, these courses are either a one-day seminar (which takes place on a weekend), or an evening class which occurs once or twice per week for a number of weeks.
How do I register for residential courses?
- View course information to register and pay online.
- Phone: (434) 592-4718
- Fax: (434) 582-2297
NOTE: Class fees (and textbook fees when applicable) are non-refundable
What is a Continuing Education Unit (CEU)?
- The CEU is accepted nationally as the unit for measuring participation in non-credit continuing education programs. The national definition of 1.0 CEU is, “Ten contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction.”
- CEUs serve as a documented way to verify educational attainments for non-academic credit. They help you reach your necessary requirements for re-certification in your chosen occupation. Many individuals are required by employers to continued educational pursuits through the accumulation of CEU credit.
- CEUs may be applied toward teacher licensure renewal as professional development activity points. They may also be used as “Professional Studies” CEUs for ACSI Certification.
- CEUs are a recognized path for upgrading your professional skills as well as personal enhancement.
Faculty Certificate Approval Form
View the Certificate Approval Form and the Curriculum Form and Checklist. (To comply with SACSCOC requirements and confirm that all certificates connect to the university's mission, a Certificate Approval Form is required for all proposed and existing certificate programs.)