Nancy Richardson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Chemical Hygiene Officer
Office: Applied Science 112A
A.A.S. Wenatchee Valley College
B.S. Bob Jones University
M.S. Texas A&M
Ph.D. University of Georgia
Courses Taught by Dr. Richardson
Dr. Richardson grew up in Wenatchee, WA. She joined the faculty at Liberty in 2006. She has done computational quantum chemistry research on systems including triatomic molecules, organometallic complexes, nucleic acids and nucleosides. She enjoys hiking, gardening, baking, and cooking.
18. "Hydrogen Abstracted Adenine-Thymine Radicals with Interesting Transferable Properties", M. C. Lind, N. A. Richardson, S. E. Wheeler, and H. F. Schaefer, J. Phys. Chem. B 111, 5525 (2007).
17. Characterization of Singlet Ground and Low-Lying Electronic Excited States of Phosphaethyne and Isophosphaethyne," J. B. Ingels, J. M. Turney, N. A. Richardson, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer III, J. Chem. Phys. 125, 104306 (2006)
16. The Deprotonated Guanine-Cytosine Base Pair", M. C. Lind, P. P. Bera, N. A. Richardson, S. E. Wheeler, and H.F. Schaefer, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103, 7554 (2006).
15. B. Temelso, N. A. Richardson, L. Sari, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer, “Characterization of the 2P and 2 å+ Electronic States of the Phosphaethyne Cation HCP+” J. of Theoretical and Computational Chem. 4, 707 (2005)
14. R. B. King, Y. Xie, H. F. Schaefer, N. A. Richardson, and S. Li, "Homoleptic Binuclear Chromium Carbonyls: Why Haven't They Been Synthesized as Stable Molecules?", Inorganica Chimica Acta 358, 1442 (2005).
13. N. A. Richardson, J. Gu, S. Wang, Y. Xie, and H. F. Schaefer, "DNA Nucleosides and their Radical Anions: Molecular Structures and Electron Affinities",
12. N. A. Richardson, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer, "Isomerization of the Newly Discovered Interstellar Molecule SiCN to SiNC Through Two Transition States",
11. S. Li, N. A. Richardson, R. B. King, and H. F. Schaefer, "Chromium-Chromium Multiple Bonding in Cr2(CO)9",
10.S. Li, N. A. Richardson, Y. Xie, R. B. King, and H. F. Schaefer, "The Rule Breaking Cr2(CO)10. A 17 Electron System or a Cr=Cr Double Bond?",
9. N. A. Richardson, S S. Wesolowski, and H. F. Schaefer, "The Adenine-Thymine Base Pair Radical Anion: Adding an Electron Results in Major Structural Changes",
8. N. A. Richardson, S. S. Wesolowski, and H. F. Schaefer, "Electron Affinity of the Guanine-Cytosine Base Pair and Neutral-Anion Structural Perturbations",
7. N. R. Brinkmann, N. A. Richardson, S. S. Wesolowski, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer, "Characterization of the
6. P. Jensen, S. S. Wesolowski, N. R. Brinkmann, N. A. Richardson, Y. Yamaguchi, H. F. Schaefer, and P. R. Bunker, "A Theoretical Study of
5. N. A. Richardson, Y. Xie, R. B. King, and H. F. Schaefer, "The Flat Potential Energy Surface of the Saturated Binuclear Homoleptic Chromium Carbonyl: Cr2(CO)11 with One, Two and Three Bridging Carbonyls. Comparison with the Well Known HCr2(CO)10 Species and the Unobserved H2Cr2 (CO)9",
4. N. A. Richardson, J. C. Rienstra-Kiracofe, and H. F. Schaefer, "An Examination of the Stabilities of Group 14 (C,Si,Ge,Sn,Pb) Congeners of Dihydroxycarbene and Dioxirane; Comparison to Formic Acid and Hydroperoxycarbene Congeners",
3. N. A. Richardson, J. C. Rienstra-Kiracofe, and H. F. Schaefer, "Examining Trends in the Tetravalent Character of Group 14 Elements (C, Si, Ge, Sn, Pb) with Acids and Hydroperoxides",
2. N. A. Richardson and M. B. Hall, "The Potential Energy Surface of Xenon Dichloride”, Chem. Phys. 97, 10952, (1993).
1. N. A. Richardson and M. B. Hall, “Theoretical Study of the Nature of the (Eta five-cyclopentadienyl) dicarbonyliron-Arene Bond. Significance of Pi Interaction”, Organometallics, 12, 1338, (1993).