Associate Professor of Chemistry
Chemical Hygiene Officer
Office: Applied Science 123
A.A.S. Wenatchee Valley College
B.S. Bob Jones University
M.S. Texas A&M
Ph.D. University of Georgia
Courses Taught by Dr. Richardson
CHEM 121 General Chemistry I
CHEM 122 General Chemistry II
CHEM 497 Physical Chemistry Seminar
Dr. Richardson grew up in Wenatchee, WA. She joined the faculty at Liberty in 2006. Her research computational quantum chemistry research on systems including triatomic molecules, organometallic complexes, nucleic acids, nucleosides, and metal carbonyls. She is the advisor of the department's chemistry club, Element 71, and the editor of the newsletter for the local ACS Blue Ridge section. She enjoys hiking, gardening, and baking.
19. B.S. Narendrapurapu, N. A. Richardson, A. V. Copan, M.L. Estep, Z. Yang, and H. F. Schaefer II, "Investigating the Effects of Basis Set on Metal-Metal and Metal-Ligand Bond Distances in Stable Transition Metal Carbonyls: Performance of Correlation Consistent Basis Sets with 35 Density Functionals," J. Chem. Theory and Comput. accepted May 20, 2013, doi ct4002398.
17. Characterization of Singlet Ground and Low-Lying Electronic Excited States of Phosphaethyne and Isophosphaethyne," J. B. Ingels, J. M. Turney, N. A. Richardson, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer III, J. Chem. Phys. 125, 104306 (2006)
16. The Deprotonated Guanine-Cytosine Base Pair", M. C. Lind, P. P. Bera, N. A. Richardson, S. E. Wheeler, and H.F. Schaefer, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103, 7554 (2006).
15. B. Temelso, N. A. Richardson, L. Sari, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer, “Characterization of the 2P and 2 å+ Electronic States of the Phosphaethyne Cation HCP+” J. of Theoretical and Computational Chem. 4, 707 (2005)
14. R. B. King, Y. Xie, H. F. Schaefer, N. A. Richardson, and S. Li, "Homoleptic Binuclear Chromium Carbonyls: Why Haven't They Been Synthesized as Stable Molecules?", Inorganica Chimica Acta 358, 1442 (2005).
9. N. A. Richardson, S S. Wesolowski, and H. F. Schaefer, "The Adenine-Thymine Base Pair Radical Anion: Adding an Electron Results in Major Structural Changes",
6. P. Jensen, S. S. Wesolowski, N. R. Brinkmann, N. A. Richardson, Y. Yamaguchi, H. F. Schaefer, and P. R. Bunker, "A Theoretical Study of
5. N. A. Richardson, Y. Xie, R. B. King, and H. F. Schaefer, "The Flat Potential Energy Surface of the Saturated Binuclear Homoleptic Chromium Carbonyl: Cr2(CO)11 with One, Two and Three Bridging Carbonyls. Comparison with the Well Known HCr2(CO)10 Species and the Unobserved H2Cr2 (CO)9",
4. N. A. Richardson, J. C. Rienstra-Kiracofe, and H. F. Schaefer, "An Examination of the Stabilities of Group 14 (C,Si,Ge,Sn,Pb) Congeners of Dihydroxycarbene and Dioxirane; Comparison to Formic Acid and Hydroperoxycarbene Congeners", http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ic9910099
2. N. A. Richardson and M. B. Hall, "The Potential Energy Surface of Xenon Dichloride”, Chem. Phys. 97, 10952, (1993).
1. N. A. Richardson and M. B. Hall, “Theoretical Study of the Nature of the (Eta five-cyclopentadienyl) dicarbonyliron-Arene Bond. Significance of Pi Interaction”, Organometallics, 12, 1338, (1993).