Office: SH 117
Dr. Richardson grew up in Wenatchee, WA. She joined the faculty at Liberty in 2006. Her computational quantum chemistry research has included the investigation of triatomic molecules, organometallic complexes, nucleic acids, nucleosides, and metal carbonyls. She is the advisor of the department's chemistry club, Element 71, and the editor of the newsletter for the local ACS Blue Ridge section. She enjoys hiking, gardening, and baking.
19. B.S. Narendrapurapu, N. A. Richardson, A. V. Copan, M.L. Estep, Z. Yang, and H. F. Schaefer II, "Investigating the Effects of Basis Set on Metal-Metal and Metal-Ligand Bond Distances in Stable Transition Metal Carbonyls: Performance of Correlation Consistent Basis Sets with 35 Density Functionals," J. Chem. Theory and Comput., 2013, 9 (7), pp 2930-2938.
17. J. B. Ingels, J. M. Turney, N. A. Richardson, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer III, Characterization of Singlet Ground and Low-Lying Electronic Excited States of Phosphaethyne and Isophosphaethyne," J. Chem. Phys. 125, 104306 (2006)
16. M. C. Lind, P. P. Bera, N. A. Richardson, S. E. Wheeler, and H.F. Schaefer, The Deprotonated Guanine-Cytosine Base Pair", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103, 7554 (2006).
15. B. Temelso, N. A. Richardson, L. Sari, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer, “Characterization of the 2P and 2 å+Electronic States of the Phosphaethyne Cation HCP+” J. of Theoretical and Computational Chem. 4, 707 (2005)
14. R. B. King, Y. Xie, H. F. Schaefer, N. A. Richardson, and S. Li, "Homoleptic Binuclear Chromium Carbonyls: Why Haven't They Been Synthesized as Stable Molecules?", Inorganica Chimica Acta 358, 1442 (2005).
13. N. A. Richardson, J. Gu, S. Wang, Y. Xie, and H. F. Schaefer, "DNA Nucleosides and their Radical Anions: Molecular Structures and Electron Affinities", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 126, 4404 (2004).
12. N. A. Richardson, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer, "Isomerization of the Newly Discovered Interstellar Molecule SiCN to SiNC Through Two Transition States", J. Chem. Phys. 119, 12946 (2003). <
11. S. Li, N. A. Richardson, R. B. King, and H. F. Schaefer, "Chromium-Chromium Multiple Bonding in Cr2(CO)9", J. Phys. Chem. A 107, 10118 (2003).
10.S. Li, N. A. Richardson, Y. Xie, R. B. King, and H. F. Schaefer, "The Rule Breaking Cr2(CO)10. A 17 Electron System or a Cr=Cr Double Bond?", Faraday Discuss. 124, 315 (2003).
9. N. A. Richardson, S S. Wesolowski, and H. F. Schaefer, "The Adenine-Thymine Base Pair Radical Anion: Adding an Electron Results in Major Structural Changes", J. Phys. Chem. B 107, 848 (2003).
8. N. A. Richardson, S. S. Wesolowski, and H. F. Schaefer, "Electron Affinity of the Guanine-Cytosine Base Pair and Neutral-Anion Structural Perturbations", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 124, 10163 (2002).
7. N. R. Brinkmann, N. A. Richardson, S. S. Wesolowski, Y. Yamaguchi, and H. F. Schaefer, "Characterization of the
6. P. Jensen, S. S. Wesolowski, N. R. Brinkmann, N. A. Richardson, Y. Yamaguchi, H. F. Schaefer, and P. R. Bunker, "A Theoretical Study of
5. N. A. Richardson, Y. Xie, R. B. King, and H. F. Schaefer, "The Flat Potential Energy Surface of the Saturated Binuclear Homoleptic Chromium Carbonyl: Cr2(CO)11 with One, Two and Three Bridging Carbonyls. Comparison with the Well Known HCr2(CO)10 Species and the Unobserved H2Cr2 (CO)9", J. Phys. Chem. A 105, 11134 (2001).
4. N. A. Richardson, J. C. Rienstra-Kiracofe, and H. F. Schaefer, "An Examination of the Stabilities of Group 14 (C,Si,Ge,Sn,Pb) Congeners of Dihydroxycarbene and Dioxirane; Comparison to Formic Acid and Hydroperoxycarbene Congeners",Inorg. Chem. 38, 6271 (1999). http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ic9910099
3. N. A. Richardson, J. C. Rienstra-Kiracofe, and H. F. Schaefer, "Examining Trends in the Tetravalent Character of Group 14 Elements (C, Si, Ge, Sn, Pb) with Acids and Hydroperoxides", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 121, 10813 (1999).
2. N. A. Richardson and M. B. Hall, "The Potential Energy Surface of Xenon Dichloride”, Chem. Phys. 97, 10952, (1993).
1. N. A. Richardson and M. B. Hall, “Theoretical Study of the Nature of the (Eta five-cyclopentadienyl) dicarbonyliron-Arene Bond. Significance of Pi Interaction”, Organometallics, 12, 1338, (1993).