Chap. 31 -VA Vocational Rehabilitation Process
1. Contact the VA to determine eligibility for program.
- Please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs by phone at (800) 827-1000 for assistance with determining your eligibility. You may apply for Vocational Rehabilitation by completing and submitting VA Form 28-1900 to the Department of Veterans Affairs directly.
2. Assignment of VA Counselor
- Once approved, you will be assigned a VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor in your state.
3. Authorization issued to school
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor must issue VA Form 28-1905 to institution, authorizing student to register for courses and Liberty to post aid to the student's account in a given term or year. Forms should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (434) 455-1287.
4. Register for Courses
- Register for your courses online through ASIST.
5. Complete Financial Check-in
- Once you have received an email from the VA Certifying Official in our Military Affairs Office, proceed through Financial Check-In following the instructions provided.
6. Order your books
- You will need to contact your VA counselor to order your books and learning materials.
7. Invoice Submitted to VA Office
- Once the term activates, Liberty will submit an invoice to the VA for payment.
8. Payment Issued to School
- Payment will be issued to Liberty University from the VA.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.