You are here: Home > Offices > Military Affairs

Chap. 31 -VA Vocational Rehabilitation Process 

Residential Program

1. Contact the VA to determine eligibility for program.

  • Please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs by phone at (800) 827-1000 for assistance with determining your eligibility. You may apply for Vocational Rehabilitation by completing and submitting VA Form 28-1900 to the Department of Veterans Affairs directly.

2. Assignment of VA Counselor

  • Once approved, you will be assigned a VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor in your state. 

3. Authorization issued to school

  • VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor must issue VA Form 28-1905 to institution, authorizing student to register for courses and Liberty to post aid to the student's account in a given term or year. Forms should be emailed to or faxed to (434) 455-1287.

4. Register for Courses

  • Register for your courses online through ASIST.

5. Complete Financial Check-in

  • Once you have received an email from the VA Certifying Official in our Military Affairs Office, proceed through Financial Check-In following the instructions provided.

6. Order your books 

  • You will need to contact your VA counselor to order your books and learning materials.

7. Invoice Submitted to VA Office

  • Once the term activates, Liberty will submit an invoice to the VA for payment. 

8. Payment Issued to School

  • Payment will be issued to Liberty University from the VA.   


If you have any questions please email