Announcements and Paging
Bag Check Policy
Banners, Signs, and Flags
Clear Bag Policy
Code of Conduct
Flames Fan Fest
Handicap Guest Services
All guests entering Williams Stadium must have a valid ticket in order to gain admission to a Liberty Flames football game. Children ages two (2) and under are not required to have a ticket to gain admission: however they must sit on the lap of an adult. Liberty University students must present a valid Flames Pass in order to gain admission into Williams Stadium through any student gate.
Announcements and Paging
Announcements and paging will be done only in the case of an emergency.
The closest ATM machines to Williams Stadium are located in the lobby of the university bookstore as well as in the main hallway of Green Hall.
Bag Check Policy
Safety is of the highest priority at Williams Stadium, and Liberty University will take every reasonable step to aid the safety of every person on campus. All guests will be subject to a bag check before entering Williams Stadium (see Clear Bag Policy). Liberty Athletics encourages guests to arrive at least 60 minutes prior to kick off to avoid lines and to enjoy the pregame in-stadium activities. Williams Stadium gates open two hours prior to the start of every home game.
The following items are prohibited at Williams Stadium, but are not limited to:
• Outside Food or Beverages
• Coolers – unless containing medical supplies
• Pets – excluding service animals
• Fireworks or Explosives
• Weapons (except as allowed by Liberty University Weapons Policy)
Note: Such items will be prohibited from being brought into Williams Stadium. There is no storage area for these items.
Banners, Signs, and Flags
Banners, signs and flags are allowed in Williams Stadium as long as they do not impede another spectator’s view of the game and are not covering any venue signage. All banners, signs, and flags must adhere to the Big South Conference Fan Code of Conduct. Liberty University Athletic Game Management reserves the right to remove any banner, sign, or flag that is in violation with this code.
Please contact the Liberty University Police Department for information on bus/RV parking on campus. The Liberty University Police Department can be reached by calling (434) 582-7616 or by email at LUPD@liberty.edu.
Fans have an opportunity to rent chairback seating on both sides of the Williams Stadium Tower concourse area for $5.00.
Clear Bag Policy
In an effort to enhance fan safety and expedite entrance to Williams Stadium, Liberty has implementing a new security screening process. This process includes a new clear bag policy that will limit the size and types of bags that can be brought into the stadium by fans. The implementation of this measure is intended to enhance public safety while minimizing time spent searching bags at gate security checkpoints, thus easing access into the stadium. The policy is consistent with the NFL's current model. Only clear tote bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12", or, one-gallon plastic freezer bags, will be allowed in Williams Stadium. In addition, small handheld clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" will be permitted. Spectators also will be able to carry other items allowed into the stadium such as binoculars, cameras, and smart phones.
Click here for more information about the Clear Bag policy, including a list of acceptable and prohibited bags.
Code of Conduct
Liberty is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable fan experience. When attending an event, you are required to refrain from following behaviors:
• Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature.
• Intoxication or other signs of impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.
• Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
• Interference with the progress of the event (including throwing objects onto the playing surface).
• Failing to follow instructions of event personnel.
• Verbal or physical harassment of participant, officials, fans or event personnel.
Event attendees are responsible for their conduct. Event staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event attendees that violate these provisions may be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future events.
Concessions stands are located on both sides of Williams Stadium. Credit cards are accepted at all concessions stands.
WEST SIDE SEATING
Parking in the Parking Deck is suggested.
From 460, take the 29 North Business exit toward Lynchburg. Take a right onto Liberty University Drive and you will immediately go through a tunnel. At the stop light, take a right onto Regents Parkway. The parking deck will be located on your left at the Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium. From there, you are a short walk from Williams Stadium.
EAST SIDE SEATING
Parking in the LaHaye Lot or the Thomas Road Baptist Church (TRBC) parking lots is suggested.
Traveling 460 East — Take the Candlers Mountain Road exit and take a right onto Candlers Mountain Road. Go through the stop light, and the first left is the LaHaye Lot. The TRBC parking lot is .2 miles farther down on your left.
Traveling 460 West - Take the Candlers Mountain Road exit and take a right at the first stop light onto University Boulevard. At the next light, take a left onto Candlers Mountain Road. The first left is the LaHaye Lot. The TRBC parking lot is .2 miles farther down on your left.
For more information, see Campus Map.
Elevators are located on the West side (press box side) of Williams Stadium Tower and are available to suite holders, club level members and credentialed game day workers only.
First Aid stations are located directly behind Section 101 and on the student side near the concessions stand. Liberty University Police and Game Management staff is stationed throughout Williams Stadium in case any fans need assistance.
THE FLAMES CLUB is integral to the success of Liberty Athletics, and is the channel through which Flames Nation can partner with our coaches and student-athletes for the advancement of the athletics program. With the ever-increasing cost of competing at the NCAA Division I level, a dynamic booster club is critical to putting the strongest possible teams on the field and court. The mission of the Flames Club is to raise financial support for Liberty Athletics and to ensure that our coaches and student-athletes have everything they need to compete for championships.
Members of the Flames Club enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that their gifts are ultimately investments in the lives of our student-athletes, helping to provide them with the academic foundation, spiritual development, and character traits learned through athletics competition that are essential to success in life. Flames Club members can also be rewarded with preferred seating, parking, and pre-game hospitality privileges; based upon membership level. Benefits may also be refused for maximum tax deductibility (see your tax advisor).
For more information about the Flames Club, please click here.
Flames Fan Fest
Get pumped for every home game at Flames Fan Fest — a new pregame tradition featuring food and fun at the Liberty University Indoor Practice Facility (behind the north end zone of Williams Stadium). This free event is open to the public and will feature music, the pregame radio show, cornhole, and other tailgate games. Have a blast with your family in the Kids Zone and take pictures with Sparky and the LU cheerleaders. Doors open two hours before kickoff, and the fun winds down 30 minutes before the game begins. We hope you will join us in our newest pregame tradition!
FOC refers to the Williams Football Operations Center located on the North end of Williams Stadium. The FOC contains the Flames locker room as well as coach’s offices, equipment room, weight room and training facility.
All gates open two (2) hours prior to kickoff.
• The student entrance is through Gate 2 with a valid Flames Pass
• The visiting team pass list and Will Call is located at Gate 3
• The Liberty player pass list is located at Gate 7
• Suite and Club ticket holders are allowed access through the VIP Gate located at Gate 8 (must be wearing their lanyard ticket)
• Liberty non-football recruits pass list is located at Gate 8
• All other ticketed guests can enter through Gates 1, 4, 7 and 9
(See Gate Map)
1971 University Blvd, Lynchburg, VA 24515
Handicap Guest Services
Handicapped parking is available in front of the bookstore directly across the street from Williams Stadium. Guests will need the proper handicap placard issued by the state motor vehicle department on display in their vehicle to access the handicap parking. Handicap seating is located on the lower level of both the East and West side of Williams Stadium. The handicap seating between Sections 101 - 109 on the West Side are reserved seating so a physical assigned ticket is required for those seats. Handicap seating on the East Side between Sections 110-118 are considered general admission and are available on a first come, first served basis.
Contact the closest Game Management staff member or Liberty University Police Officer.
Click here to access the latest Flames Game Day parking map.
Flames Football Game Day parking map
A new issue of Flames Illustrated is exclusively available at each game. The programs are now complementary while supplies last at the customer service gazebo located near section 102 and other various locations throughout the stadium.
Prohibited items at Williams Stadium are, but are not limited to:
• Coolers - unless containing medical supplies
• Fireworks or explosives
• Outside food or beverages
• Pets - excluding service animals
• Weapons (except as allowed by LU Weapons Policy)
Radio Coverage - Liberty Flames Sports Network
Liberty Flames football can be heard all season long on the Liberty Flames Sports Network from VWSE. Powered by our flagship station, The Journey 88.3 FM, the pregame show begins 90 minutes prior to kick-off. Game day coverage of Liberty football can also be heard on the Journey mobile app.
Re-entry is allowed at Williams Stadium if your ticket is properly scanned out upon exit. Customers that do not have their ticket or student Flames Pass scanned out upon exit will not be allowed re-entry. Exit and re-entry are allowed through clearly marked areas at Gates 1, 4, 7 and 9 only, while students must exit and re-entry through Gate 2 only.
Restrooms are located throughout Williams Stadium.
Click here to access the latest Flames Williams Stadium seating chart.
(See Seating Chart)
Guests are subject to inspection and search for prohibited items. All guests entering Williams Stadium will be required to pass through a metal detector.
Smoking is prohibited in the seating and concourse areas of Williams Stadium. Guests are allowed to smoke in the area behind the Williams Stadium press box and Osborne Stadium.
Click here to access the latest Flames Williams Stadium tailgating information.
• Only one car per space is permitted. Aisles may be utilized for tailgate parties in designated areas.
• Parking or driving on green reserved spaces or sidewalks is prohibited.
• Tents or canopies must not obstruct sidewalks, driving lanes, or walkways. Tents should be secured by sandbags, water buckets or stakes no more than one foot long.
• Tailgating equipment, including furniture, grills, games, generators, or satellite dishes, may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes, or walkways.
• Open flames (other than grills) are prohibited.
• All trash must be placed in appropriate trash receptacles or packed and removed.
• Disposal of grease, hot coals, or hazardous materials into the ground or storm drains is prohibited.
• Hot coals must be placed in metal containers and removed from campus. The container may also be left on a concrete area for disposal by the Liberty Grounds team.
• All generators must be equipped with a noise-reducing device (manufacturer-approved cover or muffler). Special care and consideration should be taken when managing fuel and extension cords affiliated with generators.
• Motorized recreational vehicles, including four-wheelers, golf carts, mules, gators, scooters, motorized skateboards, etc., are prohibited.
• Pets are not permitted in the stadium or tailgating areas.
• Liberty prohibits alcohol on campus.
• No overnight occupancy is permitted in tailgating areas or on Liberty’s campus.
• All tailgating lots must be vacated within three hours of the conclusion of the game.
If there are any issues with your seats or tickets upon entry into Williams Stadium please contact the nearest Game Management staff member.
Tickets Prior to Game Day:
Tickets can be purchased in person or by phone, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., at the Williams Stadium South Tower, Second Floor. Free 15-minute parking for the ticket office is available in front of Williams Stadium in the Luurstema parking lot.
Tickets on Game Day:
All Ticket Office windows open at 9 a.m. for 2 p.m. game times and 11 a.m. for 6 p.m. game times. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket windows located near Williams Stadium Gates 1, 4 and 7. Only football tickets are available for purchase on game day at all locations.
Liberty University students (online and residential) must present a valid Flames Pass in order to gain admission into Williams Stadium through the Gate 2 Student Gate.
Guests are allowed to bring in one unopened 1 liter plastic bottle of water into Williams Stadium on game day.
• Prior to game day, the will call window is located at the Williams Stadium South Tower, Secnd floor, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• On game day, will call tickets can be left at and picked up at the ticket windows located near Williams Stadium Gates 1, 4 and 7.
• All Ticket Office windows open at 9 a.m. for 2 p.m. game times and 11 a.m. for 6 p.m. game times.
• For individuals dropping off tickets to another guest, please be sure to let guests know which ticket office the tickets were left at.
• A photo ID is required in order to pick up tickets.
• Please note that Visiting Team Player Pass List and Will Call is located at Gate 3.
• Liberty Player Pass List is located near Gate 7.
Player Pass List
Home and Visiting team pass lists open 90 prior to game time. Please see “Gates” for pass list locations.