Liberty got its Senior Day off to a great start, taking game one of a doubleheader 8-0 in five innings over Jacksonville on Saturday morning at Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium.
With the win, Liberty (32-16, 14-3 ASUN) ran its conference winning streak to a program-record 11 games, breaking the previous record of 10 from the 2018 season. Jacksonville (13-31, 1-13) sustained its 15th consecutive loss.
Liberty honored its eight seniors – Jaclyn Amader, Chase Cassady, Jasmeen Click, Julia DiMartino, Kaitlin McFarland, Rylee Reynolds, Sarah Robertson and Deidra See – with a Senior Day ceremony. Seven out of the eight appeared in the starting lineup for game one.
Scoring Summary LIBERTY – 1st INNING – Robertson singles to left center, Amber Bishop scores, 1-0
LIBERTY – 2nd INNING – Autumn Bishop singles through the right side, Click and Reynolds score, 3-0
LIBERTY – 3rd INNING – See singles up the middle, Robertson scores, 4-0
LIBERTY – 4th INNING – Autumn Bishop singles to left field, Via scores, 5-0
LIBERTY – 4th INNING – Amber Bishop homers to left, Autumn Bishop scores, 7-0
LIBERTY – 5th INNING – Via singles through the right side, See scores, 8-0
Notable Numbers - Liberty outhit Jacksonville 11-2 for the day, as both teams registered one error and both left four on base.
- Chase Cassady (10-2) earned her third shutout of the season, striking out eight and walking one in the two-hit effort. - Jacksonville's Seana Mora (4-12) drew the loss, giving up seven runs (five earned) on eight hits, striking out three and walking one in 3 2/3 innings. Haley Holloway pitched the last inning, yielding one run on three hits.
- Four Lady Flames (Autumn Bishop - 3 RBI; Amber Bishop - double, homer, 2 RBI; Sarah Robertson – double, stolen base, RBI; Deidra See – RBI) all went 2-for-3. Rylee Reynolds doubled, while Jaclyn Amader and Madison Via both singled.
Turning Point - Liberty led 1-0 in the bottom of the second when a Jacksonville error opened the door. Click reached on an error with two outs, and a two-run single by Autumn Bishop made it 3-0, Lady Flames.
- Liberty tacked on runs in every inning of the game, ending with a walk-off single by Madison Via in the fifth.
- Jacksonville had its best scoring chances in the second and fifth innings, with runners on second and third both times. However, Cassady pitched through both jams.
Beyond the Box Score - The last time Liberty run-ruled an opponent was March 16, when the Lady Flames defeated Kennesaw State 11-3 in six innings.
- Autumn Bishop extended her hitting streak to 12 games, the longest hitting streak by any Lady Flame so far this season.
- Liberty is now 18-2 at home this season, outscoring opponents 114-18 at Liberty Softball Stadium.
- The Lady Flames have now posted 14 shutouts on the season.
- Cassady is now tied for ninth in program history with 34 career wins, and is tied for fifth all-time at Liberty with 12 career shutouts.
- Sarah Robertson moved up into a tie for second place in program history with 47 career doubles. She also entered Liberty's top 10 with 311 career total bases, her 12th career category to be in the top 10 in program history.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram