Madison Via scored three times in game two, including an inside-the-park homer.
Liberty earned a doubleheader sweep over Stetson, taking game two by a 6-0 score as Julia DiMartino and Chase Cassady combined for a three-hit shutout, Saturday at Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium.
Liberty (26-14, 8-3 ASUN) clinched its third conference series in a row, while Stetson falls to 14-21, 3-5. The Lady Flames won game one earlier this afternoon 5-3 in walk-off fashion.
Scoring Summary LIBERTY – 1st INNING – Robertson singles to center, Amader and Amber Bishop score, 2-0
LIBERTY – 2nd INNING – Via hits inside the park home run to right, 3-0
LIBERTY – 3rd INNING – Erich flies out to left, sac fly, Amader scores, 4-0
LIBERTY – 4th INNING – Amber Bishop singles up the middle, Via scores, 5-0
LIBERTY – 6th INNING – Autumn Bishop doubles to left center, Via scores, 6-0
Notable Numbers - Liberty recorded seven hits, compared to three for Stetson. The Hatters sustained two errors. Liberty left six one base, while Stetson stranded three.
- Julia DiMartino (13-6) picked up the win, pitching the first four innings while allowing just two hits and striking out two. Chase Cassady picked up her first save of the season, yielding one hit in three innings of relief. - Stetson's Jaime Tino (3-12) drew the loss, allowing four runs, three earned on three hits, walking four in three innings of work. Curstin Taylor tossed the final three innings, giving up two runs.
- Liberty's Madison Via went 2-for-2 with an inside-the-park home run, two steals, one RBI and a career-high-tying three runs scored. Sarah Robertson also batted 2-for-2 with two stolen bases. Amber Bishop batted 2-for-2 with one run and one RBI.
Turning Point - Liberty scored twice in the bottom of the first and added single runs in the second, third, fourth and sixth innings.
- Liberty pitchers allowed just three baserunners, and Cassady retired nine out of 10 batters she faced in getting the three-inning save.
Beyond the Box Score - Liberty earned its 13th shutout of the season and second in ASUN play.
- In Liberty's last seven games, beginning last Saturday at FGCU, the Lady Flames' ERA is 0.29, giving up just two earned runs in 48 innings pitched.
- Via is the first Lady Flame since Mickey Loveridge against South Dakota State, Feb. 14, 2015 to hit an inside-the-park home run.
- Jaclyn Amader became the 18th player in program history, and fourth current Lady Flame, to reach 100 career runs scored.
- Sarah Robertson moved is now in eighth place in program history with 41 career stolen bases. Robertson is the first player in program history with 40 or more steals and 40 or more doubles.
- Autumn Bishop tied Robertson for fourth in program history with her 46th career double today.
- Robertson is now tied with Kelby Allen (2012-15) for eighth all-time at Liberty with 120 career RBI.
- Liberty is now 6-7 all-time against Stetson in softball, as the Lady Flames have won each of the last four meetings.
Up Next The Lady Flames will attempt to sweep the series, as Liberty and Stetson will play a single game tomorrow at 1 p.m. at Liberty Softball Stadium.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram