Julia DiMartino allowed just one run on Saturday.
Liberty bounced back from its first home loss in over a year, taking game one of an ASUN doubleheader from the visiting Lipscomb Bisons 4-1, Saturday at Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium.
The Lady Flames (18-12) evened their ASUN record at 2-2, while the Bisons fell to 19-10-1, 0-1 in ASUN play with the loss. It was Liberty's first-ever ASUN home contest.
Scoring Summary LIBERTY – 2nd INNING – Autumn Bishop singles to center, Click advances, Via scores, 1-0
LIBERTY – 5th INNING – Amber Bishop singles up the middle, Autumn Bishop scores, 2-0
LIBERTY – 6th INNING – Autumn Bishop flies out to center, sacrifice fly, Via scores, 3-0
LIBERTY – 6th INNING – Amber Bishop steals second, Canetto steals home, 4-0
LIPSCOMB – 7th INNING – Ward reaches on a fielder's choice, Brewer out at second, Vetula advances, Gladded scores, 4-1
Notable Numbers - Liberty outhit Lipscomb 8-6 for the game. The Bisons recorded the game's only error. - Julia DiMartino improves to 10-6 with the win. She allowed one run on six hits, walking three and striking out 10. It was her second straight double-digit strikeout game, as the senior fanned 12 Tennessee Lady Vols on Tuesday. - Lipscomb's Mandy Jordan (7-6) drew the loss, allowing four runs on eight hits, striking out four and walking four.
- Four different Lady Flames had two hits each. Autumn Bishop (sac fly, two RBI), Amber Bishop (one RBI), Madison Via (one double, two runs) and Kara Canetto (three stolen bases, one run) all went 2-for-3.
- Sarah Higgins and Amy Vetula both batted 2-for-3 for the Bisons.
Turning Point - Liberty scored first on a two-out single by Autumn Bishop in the bottom of the second. The Lady Flames then added a solo tally in the fifth and two runs in the sixth to make it 4-0.
- Lipscomb loaded the bases with one out in the top of the seventh. Peyton Ward grounded into a fielder's choice, with Graysen Gladden scoring on the play. DiMartino walked Khayla Green, bringing Fortel to the plate with the bases loaded and two out. The Liberty right-hander fanned Fortel for the final out, sealing the 4-1 win.
Beyond the Box Score - Dating to the start of the 2018 season, Liberty is 13-0 in conference home games.
- Julia DiMartino is now the program record holder with 706.0 career innings pitched, passing Leslie Inge (1997-000), who pitched 703.0 innings. DiMartino holds Liberty's career records in wins (78), strikeouts (687), shutouts (27) and now innings pitched.
- Amber Bishop moved into sole possession of sixth place in program history with her 123rd career RBI.
- Kara Canetto became the first Lady Flame to steal three bases in a single game since Jasmeen Click did so at Charleston Southern on March 18, 2017.
- Autumn Bishop's team-leading fourth sacrifice fly gave her the career record with 11 career sac flies. She was tied with current Liberty graduate assistant Alexia Taylor (2015-18).
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram