Brittany Weiss won three events tonight at Campbell.
Liberty defeated longtime conference opponent Campbell 131.5-125.5 on Friday at Johnson Aquatic Center in the Lady Flames' CCSA opener.
The Lady Flames improved their record to 3-1 on the season, while the Camels fell to 2-3, with all five of their head-to-head matchups coming against CCSA teams so far this year.
Liberty Event Winners • 200 medley relay – 1:46.27 (Brittany Weiss – 26.85; Hannah Baker – 30.39; Lindsey Cohee – 25.57; Colleen Donlin – 23.46)
• Jr. Arielle Arnett – 1000 freestyle (10:42.71)
• Fr. Eva Suggs – 200 freestyle (1:52.06)
• Sr. Brittany Weiss – 50 backstroke (26.87); 100 backstroke (58.00); 100 IM (59.37)*
• Sr. Hannah Baker – 50 breaststroke (31.18) • So.Chloe Rippey - 100 breaststroke (1:08.07)
• So. Emma Hazel – 500 free (5:06.15)
*- swam fastest time, but competed as exhibition
Notable • Liberty is 26-1 in its last 27 dual meets.
• The Lady Flames have won each of their last 15 dual meets against CCSA opponents, beginning Jan. 14, 2017 at UNC Asheville.
• Liberty won eight individual events and one relay, while the Camels posted four individual-event victories and one relay win.
• Brittany Weiss posted the fastest time tonight in the 50 back, 100 back and 100 IM.
• Liberty posted 1-2-3 finished in the 50 breaststroke (Hannah Baker, Jessica Schellenboom, Chloe Rippey) and the 500 freestyle (Emma Hazel, Emily Manly, Arielle Arnett).
• With Hazel's victory in the 500 free and Rippey's 100 breaststroke win, 12 different Lady Flames have recorded at least one individual-event victory this season.
Historically Speaking • Liberty is now 14-2 all-time against Campbell, winning the last 14 meetings in a row. • The Lady Flames have competed in North Carolina every year in program history and is 36-4 all-time in the Tar Heel State.
Up Next Liberty's divers will be competing tomorrow in Wilmington, N.C., taking on UNCW and Old Dominion at 11 a.m. at UNCW's Seahawk Natatorium.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram