Kiah Francis swam the 200 IM in 2:07.65 on Friday.
The Liberty swimming & diving team completed day one of the 2019 Liberty Last Chance Meet, Friday at Liberty Natatorium.
This weekend's meet gives swimmers a chance to improve on their national seeding in advance of next week's selections to the 2019 NCAA Division I Women's Swimming & Diving Championships.
Liberty's Top Performers • Fr. Gianni PItto - 500 freestyle (5:06.81 – 4th place in prelims)
• So. Kiah Francis – 200 IM (2:07.65 – 2nd place in prelims)
• Jr. Colleen Donlin – 50 freestyle (23.70 – 4th place in prelims)
• So. Emily Manly – 50 freestyle (24.37 – 8th place in prelims)
• Fr. Shelby Haines – 200 IM (2:11.17 – 3rd place in prelims)
• Fr. Cailin Carroll – 500 freestyle (5:13.64 – 5th place in prelims)
Notable • Liberty is hosting ACC programs NC State and Virginia this weekend.
• This is the second year in a row that Liberty has hosted a last-chance meet.
• Tomorrow's session will include the 200 freestyle, 400 IM, 100 breaststroke, 100 backstroke and 100 butterfly. Liberty has swimmers with B cuts in the 400 IM (Gianni Pitto, Mikayla Herich), 100 fly (Alicia Finnigan) and100 back (Payton Keiner) looking to earn times tomorrow that would earn inclusion into the 2019 NCAA Division I Women's Swimming & Diving Championships.
Up Next Tomorrow will be the second day of this weekend's three-day Liberty Last Chance Meet. Morning prelims begin at 10 a.m., and finals will start at 6 p.m.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram