Lauren Chennault set a new program record in three-meter diving with a Zone Qualifying score of 287.55.
Liberty finished off a two-day victory over Marshall, wrapping up the 251-200 win on Saturday at Fredrick A. Fitch Natatorium.
The Lady Flames improve to 8-0 on the season, while Marshall falls to 0-3. Liberty has won all five meetings against Marshall in swimming & diving.
Liberty Event Winners • 400 medley relay (Emma Hazel (57.53), Gianni Pitto (1:06.29), Lindsey Cohee (56.98). Colleen Donlin (51.65)) – 3:52.45 • Fr. Emma Hazel – 200 freestyle (1:55.19) • Jr. Colleen Donlin – 50 freestyle (23.88) • So. Brittany Weiss – 100 IM (58.70); 50 butterfly (25.87) • Fr. Lauren Chennault – Three-meter diving (6) (287.55) • So. Payton Keiner – 50 backstroke (26.17) * • Sr. Ricki Lee Hodges – 50 breaststroke (30.54) * • 400 free relay (Payton Keiner (53.85), Emily Manly (54.18), Elizabeth Magnusson (53.25), Emily Zimcosky (53.36)) – 3:34.64 *
*- fastest time in race, while Liberty swam event as exhibition
Notable • Liberty is on a 16-meet winning streak in dual meets, dating back to the Gardner-Webb Tri Meet on Oct. 27, 2017.
• Olivia Robinson broke her own program record in one-meter diving on Friday, scoring a 265.89, which meets the standard for the NCAA Zone Qualifying Meet. She then topped that mark with a new program record in one-meter diving (277.96) today. She is now qualified for the Zone Qualifying Meet in both one-meter diving and three-meter diving.
• Lauren Chennault set a new program record in three-meter diving, winning with 287.55 points. That score qualifies her to compete at the NCAA Zone Qualifying Meet. She joins teammate Olivia Robinson as divers who have earned Zone Qualifiers this season.
• Liberty posted the top performances in nine events on Saturday.
• The Lady Flames' divers have won the three-meter diving event each of the last three times they have competed in the event.
• Colleen Donlin has won the 50 free each of the last eight times she has contested the event in dual-meet action, a streak which started on Jan. 20, 2018.
• Saturday's session featured a twist, with the seldom-contested 50 backstroke, 50 butterfly and 50 breaststroke on the program.
Historically Speaking • Chennault's three-meter diving record of 287.55 broke teammate Olivia Robinson's record of 281.25, set last Friday at the All-American Celebration Meet.
• Robinson's 277.96 in one-meter diving broke her own program record of 265.89, set last night.
• Kendal Irwin is now ninth in program history in three-meter diving with her 199.06 today. Allison Van Milligan moved into ninth in program history in one-meter (170.19) and 10th in three-meter (178.44).
Up Next Liberty will host an in-season invitational for the first time in program history, hosting the Liberty Invitational next Friday through Sunday. The Lady Flames will get a preview of the meet format for the 2019 CCSA Swimming & Diving Championships, which will be held at the Liberty Natatorium, Feb. 20-23.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram