The 2019-20 Liberty women's basketball team enjoyed another successful season.
Before its season was cut short due to health concerns related to COVID-19, the 2019-20 Liberty women's basketball team enjoyed a considerable amount of success. The Lady Flames finished 20-11, winning their last eight games of the season and advancing to the ASUN Championship title game.
Streaks Aplenty • The Lady Flames recorded their 20th 20-win season in the last 24 years.
• Liberty went 11-5 in ASUN play, marking its 22nd consecutive season with 10+ conference victories.
• The Lady Flames advanced to a conference tournament championship game for the third consecutive season and the 21st time in the last 24 years.
• Liberty won its last eight games of the year, marking the longest winning streak to end a season in program history
• The Lady Flames' eight-game winning streak was tied with Boise State for the 13th-longest active streak in the nation at season's end.
• Liberty went 5-0 in December for its first unbeaten December since 1997.
• The Lady Flames went 3-0 in March for their first unbeaten March in program history.
ASUN Achievements • The Lady Flames set program records for most ASUN victories (11) and best conference finish (tie for second place).
• The Lady Flames became the first No. 3 seed to win an ASUN semifinal game on the No. 2 seed's home court since 2015.
• Liberty recorded its first two wins over Stetson in program history.
• The Lady Flames topped the ASUN in rebound margin (+6.7), winning the rebounding battle in 16 of 18 games against conference foes.
Among the Nation's Best • The Lady Flames ranked No. 31 nationally for rebound margin (+6.7).
• They also ranked among the nation's top 50 teams for field goal percentage (No. 49, .434).
Tournament Time • Liberty went 5-1 in tournaments, including 2-0 in both the ASUN Championship and Roo Holiday Classic and 1-1 at the Miami Thanksgiving Classic.
• The Lady Flames' 2-0 appearance at the Roo Holiday Classic marked their first 2-0 regular-season tournament since Nov. 28 & 30, 2014 (GSU Thanksgiving Tournament in Atlanta, Ga.)
Offense, Offense! • The Lady Flames averaged 69.0 ppg during their highest-scoring season since 2013-14.
• Liberty recorded its two highest-scoring conference tournament games in program history, scoring 91 points in the ASUN quarterfinal against Kennesaw State and 90 in the ASUN semifinal at North Alabama.
• The Lady Flames' back-to-back 90-point efforts during the ASUN Championship marked the team's first consecutive 90-point games since Dec. 6 & 9, 1986 versus Hollins and Bluefield.
• Three Lady Flames (Keyen Green, Emily Lytle and Ashtyn Baker) averaged double figures in the scoring column. This was the first season since 2010-11 (Devon Brown, Avery Warley and Jelena Antic) that Liberty had three double-digit scorers for the season.
#10 Kierra Johnson-Graham • Selected for the WBCA "So You Want To Be A Coach" program
• Finished her career at No. 43 on Liberty's all-time list with 416 rebounds
#12 Ashtyn Baker • ASUN All-Academic Team
• Miami Thanksgiving Classic All-Tournament Team
• ASUN Player of the Week on Feb. 25
• Finished fourth in the ASUN for assists (3.8 apg), fifth for steals (1.7 spg) and fifth for assist to turnover ratio (1.41)
• Her 117 assists were the most by a Lady Flame since 2014-15 (Sadalia Ellis).
• She averaged 30.8 minutes per game, the most by a Lady Flame since 2011-12 (Reagan Miller).
• Scored 17 points during the third quarter of a Feb. 15 win over NJIT, setting a program record for most points in a single period
• Hit 21 straight free throws between Dec. 3 and Jan. 25, tied for the fifth longest streak in program history
• Finished the season at No. 30 on Liberty's career scoring list with 786 points
#14 Asia Todd • ASUN All-Freshman Team (Liberty's first-ever ASUN All-Freshman honoree)
• MVP of the Roo Holiday Classic
• ASUN Newcomer and Freshman of the Week on March 3
• Her 24 points during the regular-season finale at Kennesaw State on March 2 were the most by a Liberty freshman since Keyen Green recorded a pair of 26-point games in 2016-17.
• Became the first Liberty freshman with back-to-back 20-point games since the 2009-10 season (Devon Brown)
#20 Mya McMillian • ASUN All-Academic Team
• Roo Holiday Classic All-Tournament Team
#21 Keyen Green • ASUN First Team All-Conference (Liberty's first-ever ASUN first team honoree)
• Scored her 1,000th point on Jan. 11 versus Jacksonville, becoming the 16th member of Liberty's 1,000-point club
• Ranked No. 11 nationally for field goal percentage (.590) and 23rd for offensive rebounds per game (3.9 rpg)
• Led the ASUN in field goal percentage (.590), while finishing eighth in rebounds (7.5 rpg), ninth in points (13.9 ppg) and 10th in blocked shots (0.7 bpg)
• Posted 29 points and 16 rebounds against Jacksonville on Jan. 11 for the first 20-point, 15-rebound effort by a Lady Flame since March 10, 2012 (Avery Warley)
• Finished her Liberty career ranked No. 9 in program history for points (1,215), No. 10 for rebounds (673) and tied for No. 8 in both double-doubles (17) and 20-point games (13)
#23 Emily Lytle • Roo Holiday Classic All-Tournament Team
• Ranked No. 7 in the ASUN for three-pointers made (1.7/game)
• Finished with 53 three-pointers, becoming the first Lady Flame with back-to-back seasons of 50+ triples since Cynthia Thomson did so for three straight years (1989-90, 1990-91 and 1991-92)
• After just two seasons on the team, ranks No. 8 in program history for three-pointers made (117) and No. 32 for points (757)
#34 Bridgette Rettstatt • Finished the season at No. 45 on Liberty's career scoring list (652 points) and No. 28 on the rebounding list (509 rebounds)