Olivia Robinson finished 15th in platform diving at the 2020 NCAA Division I Zone A Diving Championships.
Liberty sophomore Olivia Robinson earned a finals appearance for the second year in a row at the NCAA Zone A Diving Championships, finishing 15th in platform diving on Wednesday at West Virginia's Aquatic Center at Mylan Park in Morgantown, W.Va.
During this week's three-day meet, the top 18 from morning prelims each day qualify for afternoon finals. The top five combined scores from prelims and finals in platform diving qualified for the NCAA Division I Women's Swimming & Diving Championships.
Liberty's Top Performer on Day 3 • So. Olivia Robinson – Platform Diving (10) – 393.00 (15th place)
Notable • Robinson finished 15th in morning qualifying with 197.30 points, one of 18 divers to qualify for this afternoon's final. She then scored 195.70 for her five dives in the afternoon, and her combined score of 393.00 was good for 15th overall.
• Zone A includes schools from Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Maine and the District of Columbia.
• A total of 28 divers competed in the women's one-meter springboard this afternoon.
Historically Speaking • This is the second straight NCAA postseason appearance for Liberty's divers. The Lady Flames are attempting to qualify for the 2020 NCAA Division I Women's Swimming & Diving Championships.
• Robinson also finished 15th in platform diving at the 2019 NCAA Division I Zone A Diving Championships.
• This week, Robinson competed in both one-meter and platform diving, while Abigail Egolf-Jensen participated in one-meter and three-meter diving. Lauren Chennault qualified for the meet but was unable to compete this week.
- Liberty has sent swimmers to the NCAA Championships five times in program history, and junior Payton Keiner will represent the Lady Flames in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke this year.
Up Next Payton Keiner will represent Liberty at the 2020 NCAA Division I Women's Swimming & Diving Championships, March 18-21 in Athens, Ga. Keiner will compete in 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke at nationals.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram