Kendal Irwin finished fifth in platform diving on Sunday.
Liberty's divers competed on the platform during the third and final day of the Navy Diving Invitational, Sunday.
This weekend's invitational is being held at the United States Naval Academy's Lejeune Hall, which was the site of the 2019 NCAA Zone Diving Championships.
Liberty Performers – Three-Meter Diving • Sr. Kendal Irwin – 5th place (145.30)
• So. Allison Van Milligan – 6th place (144.95)
Notable • Kendal Irwin edged out teammate Allison Van Milligan for fifth place, as Irwin scored 145.30 points to Van Milligan's 144.95. Navy's Hannah Montau won with an NCAA Zone Qualifying score of 236.15.
• This weekend's meet features divers from Liberty, Navy, Penn State and Marist.
• Abigail Egolf-Jensen, Olivia Robinson and Lauren Chennault all gave Liberty its first NCAA postseason diving experience, competing in the 2019 NCAA Zone Diving Championships, which were held at the same facility as this weekend's invitational.
• Friday's action was highlighted by a fifth-place finish from Egolf-Jensen, who scored 232.90 in last night's one-meter finals. Egolf-Jensen then took ninth in three-meter diving yesterday.
• Friday afternoon also saw the return of 2019 VaSID State Rookie Diver of the Year, sophomore Olivia Robinson, who competed for the first time since the Penn State Sprint Fest on Oct. 4, 2019.
Up Next The Lady Flames' final regular-season meet will be the TYR Senior Celebration, as Liberty will host Campbell and James Madison next Saturday. Prior to the meet, Liberty will honor its five graduating student-athletes, Hannah Baker, Colleen Donlin, Mikayla Herich, Kendal Irwin and Brittany Weiss.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram