Liberty travels to Jacksonville, Fla. for a key ASUN Conference match with the Jacksonville Dolphins, Saturday. The Flames and Dolphins are among three teams who have yet to qualify for the six-team ASUN Men's Soccer Tournament. With two games left, Liberty, Jacksonville and Lipscomb have yet to clinch one of the final two spots in the field.
Gameday Central Links Game Notes
Jacksonville Live Stats
Liberty Notables • Liberty and Jacksonville will each be looking for their first ASUN victory of the season on Saturday. Last year, the Flames defeated the Dolphins 3-2 in two overtimes on Oct. 20 in Lynchburg, only to be defeated 2-0 in Nashville, Tenn. on Nov. 2 in the ASUN Tournament.
• The Flames and Dolphins split a pair of contests in their first two meetings as conference foes, last year. Before last season, Liberty and Jacksonville had not met since 1999.
• Sophomore Shane Geisler scored his second goal of the season, Tuesday night in Liberty's 3-2 loss to USC Upstate. Geisler becomes the third Flames with more than one goal this season.
• Liberty freshman Seth Clark enters the week fouth in the ASUN with three assists.
• Senior midfielder Ruben Garcia has started 39 straight contests for the Flames. The streak spans three seasons.
• Freshman goalkeeper Danny Cordero made a career-high seve saves, before giving way to Brogan Engbers in the 62nd minute, Tuesday. In 12 games, Cordero has posted a 1.88 goals-against average and a .750 save percentage.
• Liberty, Lipscomb and Jacksonville are still all in contention for the final two spots. Liberty plays Jacksonville this weekend and will host Lipscomb to close out its regular season on Nov. 2. Meanwhile, Jacksonville and Lipscomb each have two games remaining in league play.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram