Colleen Donlin won two events on Friday at Penn State
It was an historic afternoon at Penn State's McCoy Natatorium, as Liberty defeated St. Bonaventure to earn the 100th win in program history during Friday's Penn State Sprint Fest.
The Lady Flames (1-1) defeated the Bonnies by a 269.5-82.5 score for the program's 100th victory. Penn State went 2-0 at today's meet, defeating Liberty (212-139) and St. Bonaventure (279-72).
Liberty has posted a 100-31 all-time record in women's swimming & diving. The program's first wins came on Oct. 8, 2010, when the Lady Flames swept VMI (167-35) and Radford (116.5-114.5) in a tri-meet at Radford's Dedmon Center Pool.
Liberty Event Winners • Sr. Colleen Donlin – 25 freestyle (10.55), 50 freestyle (23.92)
• Sr. Brittany Weiss – 100 IM (58.31)
• 200 Freestyle Relay – 1:33.69 (Payton Keiner, Hannah Baker, Brittany Weiss, Colleen Donlin)
• So. Olivia Robinson – One-meter diving (6) – 267.80
• 100 Freestyle Relay – 44.03 (Payton Keiner, Hannah Baker, Brittany Weiss, Colleen Donlin)
Notable • Liberty saw its program-record 24 dual-meet winning streak come to an end, as Liberty clinched its head-to-head battle with St. Bonaventure before the head-to-head meet with Penn State was decided. Liberty had the second longest active winning streak in NCAA Division I women's swimming & diving to Stanford's 30-meet winning streak.
• This trip has special meaning for Liberty coaches Jake Shellenberger and Jessica Barnes, as Shellenberger was an assistant coach at Penn State for three years and Barnes swam for the Nittany Lions. Additionally, current Liberty senior Hannah Baker's mother Cindy and older sister Sarah competed in swimming at Penn State.
• Olivia Robinson won one-meter diving with a score of 267.80. That score earns her a spot at the 2020 NCAA Zone Championships, which will be held in Morgantown, W.Va., March 9-11.
• Colleen Donlin won both the 25 and 50 freestyle, and anchored both of Liberty's winning relays (200 free relay and 100 free relay).
• Liberty went 1-2 in the 100 IM (Brittany Weiss – 58.31; Mikayla Herich – 58.69)
• Keiner's second-place time in the 100 backstroke (55.76) is the second-fastest regular-season 100 back time in her career.
Historically Speaking • Liberty is now 2-1 all-time in meets held in Pennsylvania, as the Lady Flames defeated Duquesne 143-119 in Pittsburgh on Jan. 14, 2012.
• Weiss (58.31) and Herich (58.69) moved into third and fourth place, respectively, in program history in the 100 IM.
• Allison Van Milligan's lifetime-best score of 214.50 is ranked seventh in program history for three-meter diving.
• Shelby Haines is now 10th in program history in the 50 backstroke (27.16).
Up Next Liberty will remain in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania one more day, and will compete against Saint Francis (Pa.) at 11 a.m. tomorrow at SFU's Stokes Natatorium in Loretto, Pa.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram