After defeating the Duquesne Dukes in their first home match in 13 days on Tuesday, the Liberty Flames look to continue their winning ways when they host Stetson in an ASUN Conference match on Saturday at Osborne Stadium and visit the UMBC Retrievers on Tuesday.
Gameday Central Links Game Notes
Stetson Live Stats
UMBC Live Stats
Stetson at Liberty
Game Date: Saturday, Oct. 5
Game Time: 1 p.m.
Live Video: ESPN+
Liberty at UMBC
Game Date: Tuesday, Oct. 8
Game Time: 7 p.m.
Live Video: Stretch Internet
Liberty Notables • The Flames returned home for the first time in 13 days and came away with a 2-1 victory over Duquesne, Tuesday night at Osborne Stadium. With the victory, the Flames evened their home record at 2-2. Liberty has won its last two home contests.
• Seth Clark scored his first career goal and Tyler Welch netted his second goal of the season in the victory on Tuesday. With his goal, Clark leads the Flames in points with five (a goal and three assists).
• Clark enters the weekend second in the ASUN Conference with three assists.
• Freshman goalkeeper Danny Cordero made a career high five saves in Tuesday's win. Cordero has started seven games for the Flames, posting a 1.43 goals-against average and a .655 save percentage.
• Senior midfielder Ruben Garcia has started 35 straight contests for the Flames. The streak spans three seasons.
• The Flames will host Stetson in an ASUN Conference contest on Saturday. Currently, the Hatters sit atop the ASUN standings with a 1-0-1 record in conference play. Stetson and Liberty met in Flames' first-ever ASUN Conference contest, last season. The two teams tied in DeLand, Fla., 3-3.
• Liberty heads back out on the road, Tuesday. The Flames will travel to Baltimore, Md., for a contest at UMBC. Liberty and UMBC have not meet on the pitch since 1997, when the two schools were part of the Big South Conference.
• Starting with Tuesday night's 2-1 win over Duquesne, the Flames will play six of their last seven regular season matches at home. Duquesne began Liberty's October schedule on Tuesday.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram