Liberty closed out a three-match homestand with its third straight ASUN sweep, taking down North Florida (25-17, 25-21, 25-19) on Sunday at the Vines Center.
The Lady Flames (10-5, 3-0 ASUN) have won five straight matches and 10 sets in a row overall, while pushing their home winning streak to 12 matches. North Florida (6-10) falls to 0-2 in ASUN play.
Notable Numbers • Liberty outhit UNF .346-.165 for the match, posting its second-highest hitting percentage of the season. The Lady Flames also led in blocks (8-3), digs (36-24) and aces (5-3).
• Amelia Johnson continued her dominant attacking, hitting .500 with a match-high 17 kills to go along with two aces. Anna Gragg scored seven kills on eight swings (.875) while serving up a match-high three aces. Kailey Macy posted a match-high six blocks followed by Casey Goodwin's five rejections while Macy Phillips led all players with nine digs.
• Gaby O'Connell led UNF with eight kills, while Julianna Askew dished out a match-high 26 assists.
Head Coach Trevor Johnson "Good effort today from our ladies. I thought Amelia did some nice things offensively and took some big swings when we needed it the most. I was impressed with Anna and Kailey in the middle as well. Very efficient match for them both. I thought we got better today."
Match Summary SET 1 • For the second day in a row, Liberty got off to a fast start. The Lady Flames hit .522 during the opening set, racing to a 25-17 set-one victory.
• Johnson helped fuel the Liberty offense, scoring nine kills on 11 swings with just one error in the first set.
SET 2 • Liberty took a 2-0 match lead with a 25-21 set-two victory. Liberty's net defense showed up in a big way, posting four blocks while holding the Ospreys to a .118 hitting percentage.
SET 3 • UNF got off to a great start in set three, leading 10-6 after an O'Connell kill. However, Liberty went on a 7-0 rally to take control. The hosts pulled away late, winning 25-19.
• Both teams found their way offensively in the third set, when Liberty hit .444 compared to .258 for UNF.
Quick Hits • Liberty is now 4-0 all-time against North Florida in volleyball.
• This is the second straight year that Liberty has opened ASUN play at 3-0. Last year, the Lady Flames won their first four ASUN matches.
• Liberty's 12-match home winning streak is its longest since winning 15 straight home matches from Oct. 14, 2011 through Sept. 3, 2013.
• Liberty is 6-0 at home this season, losing just one set at the Vines Center so far. The Lady Flames hold a 13-3 home record under second-year Head Coach Trevor Johnson.
• Liberty's five-match overall winning streak is its longest since posting six straight wins from Oct. 14-28, 2018. • Liberty is off to its best start through 15 matches since beginning the 2014 season at 10-5.
• Johnson is the first Liberty player since Casey Goodwin (Oct. 7-14, 2018) to score 15 or more kills in three straight matches.
Up Next Liberty will travel to Alabama and Tennessee on the weekend for its first ASUN road trip of the season. The Lady Flames play at North Alabama on Friday at 7 p.m. Eastern time before taking on Lipscomb in Nashville at 7:30 p.m. Eastern on Saturday.