Tuesday – 6 p.m. COMPLETE BASEBALL NOTES
Televison Coverage: ESPN+
LFSN Radio Coverage: 93.3 FM ESPN
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Quick Hits • Liberty and Duke will meet for the second time in six days on Tuesday. The Flames defeated the Blue Devils 9-3 at Durham Bulls Athletic Park, last Wednesday. Liberty catcher Jonathan Embry hit a two-run home run and drove in three runs in the contest. Flames left fielder Gray Betts led all hitters in the game with four hits, scoring two runs and knocking in two runs.
• Tuesday's contest will Liberty's final regular season home game of 2019. The Flames have posted a 24-5 mark at Liberty Baseball Stadium, this season. It is the best record for the Flames at home since the stadium opened in 2013.
• With its win over Duke last week, Liberty enters Tuesday's contest with an 8-4 record in midweek games this season.
• In their first season as members of the ASUN Conference, the Flames enter the week second in the conference standings with a 14-7 record, a 1/2 game back of first place Florida Gulf Coast (14-6). Liberty finishes its conference regular season with a three-game series at FGCU, Thursday-Saturday. The winner of the series will be the ASUN regular season champions and the tournament's top seed.
• This past weekend, the Flames roared back from a setback on Friday to take its ASUN three-game series with Lipscomb at Liberty Baseball Stadium, two games to one. Trailing 2-0 in the eighth inning, the Flames scored five runs for a 5-3 victory on Saturday, while on Sunday Noah Skirrow and Garret Price combined to shut out the Bison for an 11-0 win.
• Liberty recorded its seventh shutout of the season on Sunday. All seven of the shutouts have been combined efforts. The Flames' shutout total is the most in season since the 2014 team's nine.
• Liberty head coach Scott Jackson is one win shy of his 100th career victory. Under his guidance, Liberty has posted 35 wins this season, the most by the Flames in a season since 41 in 2014.
• The Flames lead the ASUN Conference and are 12th nationally with a 3.38 ERA. Liberty pitchers have also combined for a team WHIP of 1.25, which is also 12th nationally. The Flames have allowed the fewest runs of any team in the ASUN Conference.
Around the Diamond