Deidra See went 1-for-2 in Saturday's game at North Alabama.
In a game that featured two conference newcomers, North Alabama edged the visiting Liberty Lady Flames 1-0, Saturday afternoon at Hilda B. Anderson Softball Complex.
North Alabama improves to 22-17, 7-9 in ASUN play with the victory in the first-ever meeting between the Lady Flames and Lions. Liberty falls to 34-17, including 15-4 in conference games. Today's loss snapped a program-record 12-game conference winning streak for Liberty which started March 30 at FGCU.
Scoring Summary NORTH ALABAMA – 2nd INNING – Harper flies out to right, sac fly, de Ruiter advances, Brown scores, 1-0
Notable Numbers - UNA outhit Liberty 5-3 for the game. The Lions left five on base, compared to three for the Lady Flames.
- Megan Garst (13-5) entered the game with the best ERA in the ASUN, at 0.95. She pitched a three-hitter, striking out 10 and walking one.
- Liberty starter Julia DiMartino (17-8) drew the tough-luck loss, allowing one run on five hits, striking out one and walking one. DiMartino carried the ASUN's second best ERA into this weekend, 1.15.
- Five different Lions had one hit each, while Lexie Harper's sac fly provided the game's only run.
- Amber Bishop went 1-for-3 with a double, while Sarah Robertson and Deidra See had one hit each.
Turning Point - Both teams got runners in scoring position in the first inning but were unable to cash in.
- North Alabama manufactured the game's only run in the second. Jensen Strickland and Danielle de Ruiter had back-to-back hits to lead off. A sacrifice bunt sent both runners up before Harper's sac fly made it 1-0.
- Liberty threatened in the top of the seventh, as Robertson hit a one-out single. However, she was caught stealing. Alexis Erich drew a walk before pinch hitter Emily Sweat flied out to left to end the game.
Beyond the Box Score - Jaclyn Amader (21 games) and Autumn Bishop (14 games) both saw extended reached-base streaks end.
- Liberty is 28-7 in the Eastern Time Zone this season, and 6-10 in games played in any other time zone.
- The Lady Flames are now 3-10 in one-run games this season, with five of those losses coming by 1-0 scores.
- Amber Bishop's 14th double of the season moved her into a tie for sixth in program history (Amanda Maska, 2002-04) with 46 career doubles.
- Liberty entered the game as one of 11 teams in NCAA Division I college softball with active conference winning streaks of 12 or more games.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram