Tuesday – 6 p.m. COMPLETE BASEBALL NOTES
Televison Coverage: ACC Network+
LFSN Radio Coverage: 93.3 FM ESPN
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Quick Hits • Liberty takes to the road for the first of four straight midweek road contests on Tuesday. The Flames will face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons for the second time this season. Liberty defeated Wake Forest 9-3 on Feb. 19 at Liberty Baseball Stadium.
• The Flames enter Tuesday's contest with a 7-1 in midweek games and have won six straight. Of the six wins, five have come against ACC opponents. This past Tuesday, Liberty blanked Richmond 7-0 at Liberty Baseball Stadium, recording its fifth shutout of 2019.
• Liberty went 3-1 on its last road trip and is 7-5 on the road this season. The Flames will close out their regular season by playing 13 of its last 20 games on the road.
• The Flames will host a three-game series against North Carolina A&T, starting Thursday at Liberty Baseball Stadium. After the series, Liberty begins a nine-game road trip, its longest of 2019, at Virginia next Tuesday. The Flames, 20-3 at home, will not return to Liberty Baseball Stadium unitl May 10th when ASUN opponent Lipscomb comes to Lynchburg for a three-game series.
• In their first season as members of the ASUN Conference, the Flames top the conference's standings with a 9-3 record. Liberty took two out of its three-games with ASUN defending champion Stetson, this past weekend.
• Liberty's bats have heated up since starting ASUN Conference play on March 22. The Flames have raised their team batting average 31 points from .241 to .271, while boosting their on base percentage 20 points and slugging percentage 40 points over the 15-game span. Liberty has also more than doubled its HR total (from nine to 20) during that time. On Sunday, Liberty collected a season-high 22 hits in its 15-4 victory over Stetson.
• Over its last 15 games, Liberty has gone 12-3 and scored 118 runs. The 15-game run total is more than the 114 runs the Flames scored in their first 20 games of this year.
• Entering the week, the Flames lead the ASUN Conference and are 10th nationally with a 2.96 ERA. Liberty also has a team WHIP of 1.16, which is 11th in the country. Right-hander Garret Price leads the conference and is fouth in the nation with a 0.91 ERA.
Around the Diamond