Kaitlin McFarland went 2-for-3 with one RBI on Sunday.
Liberty completed its third straight ASUN series sweep, taking a 4-1 decision from the host North Florida Ospreys, Sunday at UNF Softball Complex.
The Lady Flames improves to 30-15, 12-3 in ASUN play with their ninth straight conference victory, while the Ospreys fall to 22-17, 4-8 in conference games. Liberty outscored UNF 12-3 during the series.
Scoring Summary LIBERTY – 2nd INNING – McFarland singles to left center, Robertson scores, 1-0
LIBERTY – 3rd INNING – Amader doubles to left, advances to third on error, Amber Bishop scores, 2-0
LIBERTY – 5th INNING – Amber Bishop singles to left, Autumn Bishop advances to third, scores on error, 3-0
NORTH FLORIDA – 5th INNING – Engman singles to left, Lower advances, Vega scores, 3-1
LIBERTY – 6th INNING – Via reaches on fielder's choice, McFarland out at second, Click advances, Erich scores, 4-1
Notable Numbers - Liberty outhit the Ospreys 9-6 for the game. UNF recorded two errors and left six runners on base, while Liberty stranded five.
- Julia DiMartino (15-7) earned the complete-game victory, allowing one run on six hits, striking out four and walking one. - UNF's Sydney Matzko (11-9) drew the loss, giving up two runs on four hits in three innings pitched. Morgan Clausen pitched the final four innings, giving up two runs (one earned) on five hits, striking out four.
- Autumn Bishop batted 2-for-4 with one run scored, while Kaitlin McFarland hit 2-for-3 with one RBI. Jaclyn Amader doubled and drove in one.
- Paige Pfent went 2-for-3 for the Ospreys.
Turning Point - Liberty scored single runs in the second, third, fifth and sixth innings. Trailing 3-0 with two outs and nobody on in the bottom of the fifth, the Ospreys attempted a rally. Pfent singled and Tiffany Lower walked. Engman then got UNF on the board with an RBI single to left. However, that was the hosts' only run in the game, as DiMartino retired seven out of the final eight batters of the game.
Beyond the Box Score - Liberty has won each of its last 13 games in the state of Florida, dating to the 2017 season.
- With today's win, Liberty's current senior class becomes the winningest four-year class in program history. The Lady Flames have won 156 games since the start of the 2016 season, surpassing the total attained by last year's senior class.
- Sarah Robertson played in and started her 235th career game. She is now in sole possession of fifth place in program history for career starts and is tied with Amber DePasquale (2008-11) for sixth all-time at Liberty in career games played.
- DiMartino is now tied for the program record with 104 career pitching starts (Leslie Inge – 1997-00), making it her seventh program career record held (also pitching appearances, innings pitched, wins, strikeouts, shutouts and saves).
Up Next The Lady Flames will return to the Commonwealth of Virginia for their next five games. Liberty will next play a single game at Virginia on Tuesday at 6 p.m. at The Park in Charlottesville.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram