Liberty ran its ASUN winning streak to six games, defeating the visiting Stetson Hatters 7-1 on Sunday to complete a series sweep at Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium.
Liberty (27-14, 9-3 ASUN) maintains its position atop the conference standings after this weekend's sweep. Stetson falls to 14-21, 3-6 in ASUN play. The Lady Flames outscored the Hatters 18-4 during the weekend.
Scoring Summary LIBERTY – 1st INNING – Amber Bishop homers to right, 1-0
LIBERTY – 2nd INNING – Via doubles down the left field line, Harris scores, 2-0
LIBERTY – 4th INNING – Amber Bishop doubles to right center, Autumn Bishop scores, 3-0
LIBERTY – 4th INNING – Sarah Robertson singles to shortstop, Amader and Amber Bishop score, 5-0
STETSON – 5th INNING – Marchiando doubles to right center, Crews advances, Shubert scores, 5-1
LIBERTY – 5th INNING – Amader doubles to left, Hoffman and Via score, 7-1
Notable Numbers - Liberty pounded out 14 hits, compared to three for Stetson. The Lady Flames left nine on base, while the Hatters stranded five.
- Emily Kirby (4-1) earned the win, allowing one run on three hits, walking one in 4 1/3 innings pitched. Julia DiMartino picked up her fourth save of the season, striking out three and walking one during the final 2 2/3 innings of the game. - Stetson's Tori Perkins (11-9) drew the loss, giving up five runs on 11 hits and walking one in 3 2/3 innings of work. Curstin Taylor yielded two runs on three hits, striking out two during 2 1/3 innings pitched.
- Madison Via batted 3-for-3 with a double, one RBI and one run scored, while Sarah Robertson went 3-for-4 with two RBI. Amber Bishop (2-for-3), doubled and homered, with two RBI and two runs scored. Jaclyn Amader went 2-for-4 with a double and two RBI.
Turning Point - Amber Bishop's solo homer in the first got Liberty off and running. The Lady Flames added one run in the third before getting RBI hits from Amber Bishop and Sarah Robertson in the fourth, boosting Liberty's lead to 5-0.
- Stetson got on the board in the top of the fifth, as Maddie Marchiando sent an RBI double to center, narrowing the gap to 5-1. DiMartino then came on in relief of Kirby with one out and runners on second and third. She struck out a pair of Hatters, keeping the game 5-1.
- Liberty added two insurance runs in the bottom of the fifth on Amader's two-run double to left.
Beyond the Box Score - Liberty is 16-2 at home this season, outscoring opponent 104-17 at Liberty Softball Stadium.
- In Liberty's last eight games, beginning last Saturday at FGCU, the Lady Flames' ERA is 0.38, giving up just three earned runs in 55 innings pitched.
- DiMartino extended her program record in career saves, picking up her 13th career save.
- After this weekend's series, Sarah Robertson and Amber Bishop are tied for fifth in program history with 215 hits each, passing Katie Zavodny (2011-14) for fifth. Robertson and Amber Bishop are also now tied for fifth in program history with 126 career runs scored.
- Robertson moved into a tie with Alexia Taylor (2015-18) for seventh in program history with 122 career RBI.
- Liberty is now 7-7 all-time against Stetson in softball, as the Lady Flames have won each of the last five meetings.
Up Next Liberty steps outside of conference play on Wednesday, playing a single game at North Carolina at 6 p.m. in Chapel Hill, N.C.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram