Tuesday – 4 p.m. COMPLETE BASEBALL NOTES Television Coverage: ACC Network +
LFSN Radio Coverage: 93.3FM ESPN Radio Live Stats: Tuesday
Quick Hits • Liberty heads out on the road for the first time since a 5-4 win at USF on March 10, when the Flames travel to Blacksburg, Va. for their second meeting of the year with the Virginia Tech Hokies on Tuesday.
• The Flames defeated the Hokies 4-3 earlier this season at Liberty Baseball Stadium. Liberty's March 5th win over Virginia Tech was the first time in the last seven meetings between the two teams that the home team has won the contest.
• Liberty is a 3-4 away from Liberty Baseball Stadium in 2019. The Flames took two out of three games from the USF Bulls in Tampa, Fla. on their last road trip, March 8-10. Liberty will play five out of its next eight games on the road.
• The Flames completed an eight-game homestand, its longest of the season, with an 8-1 win over NJIT in ASUN Conference contest. Liberty posted a 6-2 record on the homestand, with a midweek victories over Virginia and No. 8 North Carolina. Liberty is 14-2 at Liberty Baseball Stadium, this season.
• Liberty is 4-1 in midweek contests. All four of the Flames' victories have come against ACC opponents North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest at Liberty Baseball Stadium.
• The pitching staff has led the way for the Flames in 2019. Liberty enters the week with an ASUN-leading 3.28 ERA and has held opponents to a .219 batting average. Liberty pitching has posted a 1.21 WHIP, which ranks 22nd nationally, and has allowed 7.09 hits per nine innings, which is 16th nationally. The Flames are also seventh in the country with four shutouts.
• The Flames have had quite a month of March. Liberty has posted a 12-3 mark during the month, outscoring its opponents, 83-46. Liberty has hit .263, while holding opponents to a .215 batting average.
Embry Named ASUN Player of the Week Jonathan Embry has been named ASUN Baseball Player of the Week. It is the second consecutive week that a Flame has been selected to receive the weekly honor as first baseman Logan Mathieu was tabbed the ASUN Player of the Week, last week.
Embry hit .438 with six RBI and five runs scored, as Liberty posted a 3-1 record. He collected at least one hit in each of the Flames' four games. The utility player hit his second home run of the season, which scored the only runs in Liberty's 2-0 victory over No. 8 North Carolina this past Tuesday.
Around the Diamond
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram