Kara Canetto had two hits on Saturday against Boston University.
Liberty shut out defending Patriot League champion Boston University, Saturday, earning 5-0 win over the Terriers at UCLA's Easton Stadium.
Liberty (15-7) has gone 2-1 so far at this weekend's Louisville Slugger Invitational, which is being co-hosted by UCLA and Long Beach State. BU is now 11-6 on the season, including 3-1 this weekend.
Scoring Summary LIBERTY – 1st INNING – Erich reaches on error by shortstop, advances on throw, Robertson advances, Autumn Bishop scores, 1-0
LIBERTY – 1st INNING – Erich advances to third on a passed ball, Robertson scores on a pass ball, 2-0
LIBERTY – 4th INNING – Via reaches on a throwing error by pitcher, sacrifice bunt, advances to third, Click scores, 3-0
LIBERTY – 4th INNING – Amader bunts for a base hit, Via scores, 4-0
LIBERTY – 6th INNING – Amber Bishop flies out to left, sacrifice fly, Amader scores, 5-0
Notable Numbers - Liberty outhit the Terriers 8-5, while BU registered two errors compared to one for the Lady Flames. - Julia DiMartino improves to 9-3 on the season with the five-hit shutout, striking out five. It was her third complete-game shutout of the year and 27th for her career. - Boston's Emily Gant (2-3) drew the loss, allowing four unearned runs on six hits in 3 2/3 innings, walking one and fanning three before three BU relievers combined to finish the game. - Autumn Bishop and Kara Canetto both went 2-for-3 for Liberty, while four Lady Flames recorded one hit each.
Turning Point - Liberty scored twice in both the first and fourth innings, capitalizing on an error in both innings.
- The Terriers registered two hits each in the fifth and sixth, but DiMartino and the Liberty defense kept BU off of the board.
Beyond the Box Score - Both Liberty (Big South) and Boston University (Patriot League) won their respective conferences last year and participated in 2018 NCAA Regionals.
- Liberty is now 3-1 all-time against BU in softball. - DiMartino has not allowed a single run in her last 37 innings pitched.
- Liberty is 12-1 in its last 13 games. Each of Liberty's last 10 wins have been of the shutout variety. The Lady Flames have tossed 10 shutouts so far this season.
- Amber Bishop is now tied with Kelby Allen (2012-15) for seventh in program history with 120 career RBI.
- Sarah Robertson is now tied with Tori Zavodny (2015-18) for eighth in program history with 196 career hits.
Up Next Liberty will take on No. 2 UCLA at 8:30 p.m. ET tonight at Easton Stadium, the third straight year that these two programs have met.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram