Liberty posted some fast times on day two of the Liberty Last Chance Meet, Saturday at Liberty Natatorium.
This weekend's meet gives swimmers a chance to improve on their national seeding in advance of next week's selections to the 2019 NCAA Division I Women's Swimming & Diving Championships. The Lady Flames have one more day to qualify, as tomorrow is the literal last chance for qualification. Selections for the NCAA Championships will take place next Wednesday.
Liberty's Top Performers • Sr. Alicia Finnigan – 200 fly (NCAA B cut 1:56.74 in time trial) • Fr. Emma Hazel – 200 freestyle (1:50.30) • Fr. Gianni Pitto – 100 breaststroke (1:04.37) • Fr. Chloe Rippey – 100 breaststroke (1:04.91) • So. Lindsey Cohee – 100 butterfly (56.06) • Jr. Emily Zimcosky – 100 back (55.88)
Notable • Alicia Finnigan, looking to improve on her NCAA B cut time of 1:56.33, went 1:56.74 tonight. She will have multiple chances to swim the 200 fly tomorrow.
• Emma Hazel went 1:50.30 in the 200 freestyle tonight. Only four Liberty swimmers have gone faster than that in the 200 free this season.
• Emily Zimcosky posted a 55.88 in the 100 back, a time which only three Lady Flames have beaten this year.
• Liberty is hosting ACC programs NC State and Virginia this weekend.
• This is the second year in a row that Liberty has hosted a last-chance meet.
• Tomorrow's session will include the 100 freestyle, 1650 freestlye, 200 breaststroke, 200 backstroke and 200 butterfly. Liberty has swimmers with B cuts in the 200 fly (Alicia Finnigan) and 200 back (Payton Keiner) looking to earn times tomorrow that would earn inclusion into the 2019 NCAA Division I Women's Swimming & Diving Championships.
Up Next Tomorrow will be the final day of this weekend's three-day Liberty Last Chance Meet. Morning prelims begin at 10 a.m., and finals will start at 6 p.m.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram