Abigail Egolf-Jensen won one-meter diving at Georgia Southern, earning her first NCAA Zone Qualifying Meet score.
Liberty's divers had an impressive showing at a diving meet hosted by Georgia Southern, defeating the Eagles 31-7 Saturday at the RAC Aquatics Center. Liberty won both the one-meter and three-meter boards in a meet for the second time this season. The Lady Flames also posted a 1-2-3 showing in three-meter diving. This is the first time in program history that Liberty's swimmers and divers have competed in different states on the same day, as the Liberty swimmers defeated UNC Asheville 136-129 today in Asheville, N.C. With two wins today, Liberty is now 13-0 on the season, moving its overall dual-meet winning streak to 21.
Top Liberty Performers • Fr. Olivia Robinson – 1st place in three-meter diving (279.15); 2nd place in one-meter diving (276.53)
• Fr. Abigail Egolf-Jensen – 1st place in one-meter diving (277.35); 2nd place in three-meter diving (272.25)
• Fr. Lauren Chennault – 3rd place in three-meter diving (239.25); 4th place in one-meter diving (263.10).
• Liberty went 1-2-3 in three-meter diving, marking the first time in program history that the Lady Flames have taken each of the top three spots in a springboard diving event.
• Egolf-Jensen scored collegiate-best scores in both the one-meter and three-meter springboard events. Her winning score of 277.35 in one-meter qualified her for the 2019 NCAA Division I Zone Qualifying Meet, to be held March 11-13 in Annapolis, Md.
• Egolf-Jensen is the third Liberty diver to qualify for the Zone Qualifying Meet this year, joining fellow freshmen Olivia Robinson (one-meter, three-meter and platform) and Lauren Chennault (one-meter and three-meter).
• Georgia Southern has three divers, Katie Knight, Gretchen Mossburg and Sara Rogers, who all competed at the 2018 NCAA Zone Diving Meet. Rogers finished third in three-meter diving at the 2018 CCSA Swimming & Diving Championships. All three have yet to qualify for the 2019 Zone Qualifying Meet.
• Egolf-Jensen's 272.25 in three-meter and 277.35 in one-meter are both ranked third in program history in those respective events.
• Redshirt sophomore Kendal Irwin scored a collegiate-best 185.53 in one-meter diving, moving into 10th place in program history for one-meter.
• Freshman Allison Van Milligan totaled 180.45 points in three-meter diving, good for 10th place on Liberty's all-time top 10 in the event.
Liberty will host its last regular-season dual meet next Friday and Saturday, welcoming Campbell and Marshall to Liberty Natatorium. Friday's action starts at 6 p.m., while Saturday's first event will be at 11 a.m. Prior to Saturday's session, Liberty will honor its seniors (Shelby Black, Alicia Finnigan, Ricki Lee Hodges, Corrilynn Lynch, Elizabeth Magnusson, Ashley Mauzy and Siani Null) with a Senior Day ceremony.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram