Colleen Donlin won the 50 freestyle for the seventh straight time in dual-meet action on Friday.
Liberty holds a 151-89 lead over the host Marshall Thundering Herd after Friday's opening day of a two-day meet at Fredrick A. Fitch Natatorium.
The Lady Flames (7-0) and Thundering Herd (0-2) are meeting for the fifth time, with Liberty holding a 4-0 all-time record against Marshall in swimming & diving.
Liberty Event Winners • 200 medley relay (Payton Keiner (26.37), Ricki Lee Hodges (30.04), Brittany Weiss (25.42), Colleen Donlin (23.17)) – 1:45.00 • Jr. Colleen Donlin – 50 freestyle (23.91) • Fr. Gianni Pitto – 400 IM (4:27.36); 100 breaststroke (1:05.64) • Fr. Olivia Robinson – Three-meter diving (6) (277.73) • Sr. Alicia Finnigan – 100 butterfly (56.31) • So. Payton Keiner – 100 backstroke (56.54) • 200 free relay (Payton Keiner (24.95), Hannah Baker (24.09), Brittany Weiss (24.32), Colleen Donlin (23.66)) – 1:36.66
Notable • Liberty won five individual swimming events, one diving event and both relays. Marshal won four individual swimming events and one diving event.
• The Lady Flames went 1-2-3 in the 50 freestyle (Donlin, Weiss, Emily Zimcosky) and 100 backstroke (Keiner, Zimcosky, Emma Hazel).
• Olivia Robinson broke her own program record in one-meter diving, scoring a 265.89, which meets the standard for the NCAA Zone Qualifying Meet. She is now qualified for the Zone Qualifying Meet in both one-meter diving and three-meter diving.
• Robinson has won three-meter diving at each of Liberty's last two meets.
• Gianni Pitto earned her fifth 100 breaststroke win in as many tries as a collegiate swimmer. She has totaled 12 individual-event victories so far this season.
• Colleen Donlin has won the 50 free at each of Liberty's last seven dual meets, a streak which started on Jan. 20, 2018.
Historically Speaking • In addition to Robinson's record-setting score in one-meter diving, Lauren Chennault improved her collegiate-best score to 252.01, which is third on the program's all-time top 10 in the event. Newcomer Kendal Irwin, in her first meet as a Lady Flame, entered 10th in program history in one-meter diving with a 167.63 score.
• Pitto (4:27.36) and Hazel (4:27.71) moved into seventh and eighth, respectively, in program history in the 400 IM.
• Allison Van Milligan is now 10th on Liberty's all-time top 10 in three-meter diving at 160.81.
Up Next Liberty and Marshall will wrap up this weekend's action at Frederick A. Fitch Natatorium tomorrow, with the Saturday session beginning at 11 a.m.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram