The Liberty University football program will hold its annual spring walk-on tryouts on Monday, Jan. 22 in Liberty Indoor Football Practice Facility, starting at 4 p.m. Registration starts at 3 p.m., inside the Williams Football Operations Center.
All those interested in participating in the walk-on tryouts will need to visit and complete all the necessary steps and forms listed on the Liberty Athletics Tryout Information page on www.LibertyFlames.com.
1. Complete the Walk-On Try-Out Form and bring it to the tryout.
2. A pre-participation physical examination completed within six months of the date of tryout.
3. Official results of a blood test for sickle cell trait and sickle cell disease (Per NCAA Mandate beginning August 1, 2010).
4. Complete the Walk-On Liability/Waiver Form.
5. Proof of valid health insurance that covers athletic injuries.
Each participant will also need to provide a highlight video, letter of recommendation from a previous head coach and a copy of their class schedule to the football offices prior to the walk-on tryouts. Each participant must be a full-time student enrolled at Liberty University and have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
Failure to supply any one of the above forms by Jan. 22 at noon will prohibit individuals from participating in the tryout. Please submit all paperwork in person to the Football Office or in the Williams Football Operations Center by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.