Lela Sellers scored a season-high nine points and pulled down a season-best seven rebounds versus Richmond on Saturday.
Game Day Central Page Liberty's Tournament Notes Liberty's Supplemental Game Notes Game Time: 4:15 p.m. Video Streaming Coverage: Patriot League Network Radio Coverage: Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio WQLU 90.9 FM The Light Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Jamie Hall Game No. 6 – Navy Classic Liberty (0-5) at Navy (5-3) Dec. 4, 2016 – 4:15 p.m. – Alumni Hall (Annapolis, Md.)
Series History Series Record: Navy leads, 4-2. Current Streak: Liberty won the most recent meeting. Series Record at Navy: Liberty leads, 2-1. Current Streak at Navy: Liberty won the most recent meeting. Last Meeting Overall: Liberty 55, Navy 43 (Nov. 21, 2009 at Navy) Last Meeting at Navy: Same Navy's Last Series Victory: Navy 55, Liberty 47 (Dec. 2, 1995 at Liberty) Navy's Last Series Victory at Home: Navy 92, Liberty 89 (OT) (Jan. 7, 1992)
Coaching Matchup Liberty Head Coach: Carey Green Overall Record (Seasons): 403-146 (18th Season) Record at Liberty (Seasons): Same Record vs. Navy: 1-0
Navy Head Coach: Stefanie Pemper Overall Record (Seasons): 388-155 (19th Season) Record at Navy (Seasons): 153-107 (Ninth Season) Record vs. Liberty: 0-1
Updated Team Notes • Liberty cut a 19-point deficit to two but never led during Saturday's contest against Richmond.
• The Lady Flames have now lost each of their last three games by nine points or fewer.
• At 0-5, Liberty is off to its longest winless stretch to start a season since the 1993-94 squad opened the year at 0-7.
• Liberty has lost seven games in a row, dating back to last season. This is the Lady Flames' longest losing streak since a seven-game losing skid spanning Dec. 5-29, 2000.
• Liberty has not lost eight consecutive games since a nine-game losing streak during the 1995-96 campaign (Jan. 9-Feb. 3, 1996).
• The Lady Flames shot a season-high 36.7 percent (22-of-60) from the field against Richmond.
• Liberty enjoyed a season-best +21 (52-31) rebound margin on Saturday. The Lady Flames grabbed 21 offensive boards and outrebounded the Spiders by a 31-14 margin after halftime.
• Liberty has now outrebounded three straight opponents.
• The Lady Flames got to the foul line a season-low 10 times versus Richmond.
• Liberty committed 20 turnovers against Richmond while forcing only seven miscues. The Lady Flames were dominated in points off turnovers, 28-9.
• Freshmen scored 37 of Liberty's 54 points on Saturday and have accounted for 59.2 percent of the Lady Flames' points this season.
• On Sunday, Liberty will try to improve to 3-1 all-time against Navy in Annapolis and 8-0 versus Patriot League opponents under Head Coach Carey Green.
• At 5-3, Navy will be Liberty's first opponent which has entered its matchup with the Lady Flames with a winning record this season.
Updated Player Notes #00 Kaila Ballard • Made her first collegiate field goal on Saturday and scored a season-best two points against Richmond
#3 Nene Johnson • Scored all eight of her points during the second half on Saturday
• Averaging 10.5 ppg and 5.0 apg in Liberty's two road/neutral games this season
• Tied for the team lead in assists this year with 12
#12 Audrey Rettstatt • Held scoreless on Saturday, following a career-high 14-point outburst at Valparaiso on Nov. 25
• Liberty's active career scoring leader with 86 points
#14 Lela Sellers • Set season highs for both points (9) and rebounds (7) against Richmond
• Tied for the team lead in assists this season with 12
#20 Sheana Vega • Scored more points on Saturday (4) than she had in the season's first four games combined (3)
• Grabbed four rebounds, giving her 11 boards in 26 minutes of playing time this season
#21 Keyen Green • Finished with six points and a season-high nine rebounds on Saturday, despite being limited to 12 minutes due to foul trouble
• Six of her boards came at the offensive end
• Liberty's leading rebounder on the season (6.0 rpg), and 18 of her 30 boards have been of the offensive variety
• Has gotten to the free throw line 22 times this season, nearly twice as often as anyone else on the team, but is shooting just 50 percent
#24 Iva Ilic • Set season highs for points (team-leading 14), three-pointers made (three), assists (three) and minutes played (team-leading 29) on Saturday
• Shooting 62.5 percent (5-of-8) from three-point range during the last two games
• Liberty's leading scorer (7.6 ppg) this season and also tops the squad with six triples
#35 Ola Makurat • Grabbed 11 rebounds on Saturday, marking the most boards in a game by a Lady Flame this season
#40 Molly Reagan • Shot just 1-of-3 on Saturday but is pacing the Lady Flames in field goal percentage for the year at 57.1 percent (12-of-21)
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram