Dalton Britt is expected to tie the program record for games played in a career, Friday.
LFSN Radio Coverage: WIQO 100.9 FM
Big South Network: Video Stream
Live Stats: Thursday-Friday
Quick Hits 1. Liberty enters the final weeknd of the 2016 regular season, looking to extend a four-game winning streak. Its longest winning streak of the year is five games.
2. The Flames had their final midweek contest of the regular season rained out at Radford, Tuesdy. This past weekend, Liberty swept a three-game Big South series from Radford at LIberty Baseball Stadium.
3. With four straight victories to close out its regular season home schedule, Liberty finished 2016 with an 18-11 record at Liberty Baseball Stadium.
4. Thursday's meeting between High Point and Liberty will be the first meeting between the two teams at Coy O. Willard Stadium since a three-game Big South series, March 22-23, 2013. Six out of the last seven meetings have come at Liberty Baseball Stadium. The other meeting came at the 2015 Big South Baseball Championship at John Henry Moss Stadium in Boiling Springs, N.C. on May 19. It was the last one contest between the two teams.
5. Shortstop Dalton Britt, who has started every game of his Liberty career, is expected to tie the program record for games played, Friday. Britt will tie Trey Wimmer (2009-14) with 235 games played.
6. First baseman Andrew Yacyk was named the Big South Player of the Week for games played May 9-15. Yacyk was 6-for-11 (.545) and posted a team-high on-base percentage of .643 during the week.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram