Flames Home > Flames Club > Naming Opportunities

Legacy Gifts and Naming Rights Opportunities

Liberty University continues to invest the required resources to build and develop an athletics program of national prominence. Recognizing the tremendous positive impact of first-class facilities on the ability to recruit quality student-athletes and attract a strong fan base, Liberty has devoted millions of dollars to constructing an increasingly impressive athletics complex.  The Liberty campus has exploded in recent years with the following athletics facility additions:

• 2006 – Williams Football Operations Center
• 2006 – Tolsma Indoor Track Center
• 2006 – LaHaye Aquatic Center
• 2007 – East Campus Volleyball Facility
• 2009 – Osborne Stadium (soccer, track & field)
• 2009 – Hershey-Esbenshade Tennis Courts
• 2009 – Thomas Indoor Soccer Center
• 2010 – Williams Stadium (expansion – football)
• 2010 – Luurtsema Center (soccer, track & field)
• 2011 – Cook Tennis Center
• 2011 – Field Hockey and Lacrosse Fields
• 2011 – The Sports Racquet (acquisition – tennis)
• 2012 – East Campus Field House (field hockey, lacrosse)
• 2013 – Baseball Stadium
• 2013 – Basketball Practice Facility

Many of these additions were made possible through private legacy gift contributions, and expansion continues with the planned construction of a new golf clubhouse and practice facility by the end of 2013, and a new softball stadium scheduled for completion in 2014. 

All 20 athletic teams at Liberty University have legacy gift needs beyond the Annual Fund campaign.  Legacy gifts provide naming rights opportunities for the improvement of existing facilities or the construction of new facilities.  Legacy gifts can range from $1,000 to donate a locker, to six or seven-figure gifts to name a large facility.  Legacy gifts receive double loyalty points, but do not count towards Flames Club Annual Fund membership levels.  Since no tangible benefits are received outside of naming opportunities, legacy gifts may be considered 100% tax deductible (see your tax advisor).