Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Basketball Home > News
MBB Game Day Central: Morgan State
Liberty Channel - Local Coverage
MASN2 - Local/Regional Coverage
DirecTV – Channel 641
Dish Network – Channel 433
Tipoff: 7:05 p.m.
Victory FM (88.3 FM WRVL)
Click here for Complete Network Affiliates listing
Liberty looks to avoid an 0-7 start on Thursday, as the Flames host Morgan State. The contest marks a rematch of last season's Sears Bracketbusters matchup in Baltimore, Md., which resulted in an 81-69 victory for the Bears. Morgan State enters the contest with a 1-3 record on the year. The matchup will be broadcast LIVE on the Liberty Channel, MASN2 and ESPN3.com. Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m.
What to Watch For
- After averaging just 5.4 ppg in the first five contests, John Caleb Sanders returned to his scoring ways last Wednesday against Southern Miss, posting a season-high 15 points. The Sugar Land, Texas native is just five points shy of cracking the Top 50 of Liberty's all-time scoring list.
- With the absence of three key post players, JR Coronado currently accounts for 26.5 percent of the Flames' rebounding, leading the Flames with an average of 7.8 boards per game. Coronado has worked his way into the starting lineup, receiving the nod in the last three contests.
- After a 13-point performance at Georgetown, junior guard Casey Roberts has started the last three contests. The transfer from Allegany College is currently the Flames' third-leading scorer, averaging 7.2 ppg.
- The Flames are looking to avoid starting 0-7 for the second time in program history. Liberty's 1977-78 campaign was the last time the Flames started a year 0-7.
- Liberty continues to shine from behind the three-point arc, this season. The team is currently tops among Big South squads in three-point field goal percentage (34.7). Davon Marshall is a big part of the Flames' downtown production. The junior point guard is currently tied for second in three-pointers per game, averaging nearly three treys per contest.