Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
#FillTheBill Effort to Aid Hurricane Sandy Victims
Liberty Athletics will be running several promotional campaigns to fill Williams Stadium (#FillTheBill) for its final regular season home game against No. 6/8 Stony Brook on Saturday afternoon. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. for the clash between the Big South's top two football programs.
Liberty's potential record-breaking crowd will aid in the efforts to assist victims of last week's devastating Hurricane Sandy in the Northeast. Included in the areas hit by the storm is Stony Brook, N.Y., where Stony Brook University is located on Long Island.
Liberty Athletics will donate $1 for every fan in attendance at the game, with the donated funds going to Gleaning for the World, a non-profit organization based in Central Virginia. The largest challenge facing the charitable group is getting the necessary funding to transport the supplies it has already gathered to the areas affected by the storm.
Liberty is one of the top drawing FCS programs in the country, ranking No. 9 nationally in total home attendance (83,491) and No. 12 in average home attendance (16,698).
The Flames are on pace to break their all-time single-season attendance record (98,515 set in 2011). Liberty needs 16,510 to pass through the gates on Saturday to reach 100,000 in total home attendance for the first time in program history.
Below is a complete list of the various promotional efforts and ways to purchase discounted tickets for a game that will determine the outcome of the 2012 Big South Conference title race.
Liberty has won four out of the last five Big South Conference championship (2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010), with Stony Brook claiming the title in 2011.
For more information about purchasing tickets for the game, please contact the Flames Ticket Office at (434) 582-SEAT (7328) or visit the Flames Ticket Office website.
Promotional/Ticketing Information for Liberty's Football Game against Stony Brook:
Date: Nov. 10, 2012
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Williams Stadium – Capacity: 19,200)
Game Time: 3:30 p.m.
Gates Open: 1:30 p.m.
• Military Appreciation Day – Liberty Athletics will honor the branches of the U.S. Armed Forces with a special halftime show, including a stadium flyover by a historic B-25 bomber.
• Fans will be provided a photo opportunity with the Heisman Trophy inside Williams Stadium (courtesy of Mabry Automotive and Nissan).
• The first 12,000 fans into Williams Stadium will get Thundersticks (courtesy of Saturday's game sponsors - The News & Advance and Bloop Frozen Yogert).
• Liberty's season ticket holders can exchange unused tickets from previous games during the 2012 season for general admission tickets to the Stony Brook game.
• A special family promotion will be made available to all Liberty University faculty and staff members, allowing them to purchase up to five general admission tickets for only $5.