Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Game Day Central: Montana
Game Day Central Page
Note: Includes all important Game Day links (Live Stats, Live Video, Washington-Grizzly Stadium info, Directions, Parking, Ticket information, etc.)
Liberty vs. Montana
DirecTV – Channel 640
Dish Network – Channel 432
Christian Television Network - Regional Coverage
Legacy Television Network – Regional Coverage
Pregame Tailgating Show: 2:00 p.m. (EST)
Victory FM (88.3 FM WRVL)
Click here for Complete Network Affiliates listing
• Saturday's game will be the first meeting in the series.
• Liberty's first trip out west since traveling to San Luis Obispo, Calif., to face Caly Poly to close out the 1998 season (Nov. 21, lost 45-35).
• Cal Poly is the only current Big Sky Conference member Liberty has previously faced in football.
• Liberty is 1-1 in the series with Cal Poly after opening the series with a 49-32 victory at home over Cal Poly on Nov. 1. 1997.
Home-Opening Game Notes:
• Following the loss the Norfolk State last Saturday, Liberty is now 25-14-1 in its first home game of the season.
• Coming into last Saturday's game, the Flames had won nine consecutive home-opening games.
• The last time the Flames dropped their first home game of the year was to Western Carolina, 23-3, on Aug. 31, 2002.
• The Flames have now lost three games in a row for the first time since the 2006 season.
Liberty versus Ranked Opponents:
• Following the seven-point setback to No. 24 Norfolk State on Saturday, Liberty is now 11-44 all-time versus ranked opponents.
• Liberty has now lost five of its last six games against Top 25 ranked programs.
• Liberty's last victory over a national ranked FCS program came on Oct. 15, 2011, when Liberty convincing knocked off No. 20 Coastal Carolina, 63-27, at home.
• Montana is the second of three-straight Top 25 ranked teams Liberty will face.
• Liberty hosted No. 24 Norfolk State last weekend at home, dropping a 31-24 decision to the Spartans.
• Next weekend, Liberty will host No. 16/13 Lehigh at home during Hall of Fame Weekend.
• The Flames have one final nationally ranked program on their schedule, as Big South foe Stony Brook, who the Flames host on Nov. 10, is ranked No. 17 by the Sports Network and No. 16 by the FCS Coaches poll.
Game Day Storylines:
• Liberty is still looking for its first victory under head coach Turner Gill.
• The Flames are looking to avoid their first 0-3 start to a season since 2003 when Liberty last lost its first three games of the year.