Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
Liberty Completes Home Slate Against High Point
HIGH POINT AT LIBERTY
Worthington Stadium | Lynchburg, Va.
A Shout Out to the Seniors
• Saturday, six members of the Liberty roster will be recognized, as the group plays in their final home games in a Liberty uniform, this weekend.
• This group includes - pitchers Patrick Eckelbarger, John Niggli and Jacob Kemmerer, shortstop Zack Haley and outfielders Ian Parmley and Michael Robertson.
Farewell to Worthington Stadium
• For the past 33 years, the Lynchburg home of the Flames has been Worthington Stadium. This weekend's series between the Flames and the Panthers will be the last at the facility for the Liberty baseball program. The Flames will move to a new complex for the 2013 season.
• Liberty has fashioned a 559-255-6 (.711) all-time mark at the facility.
• Liberty is 18-9 (.667) at Worthington Stadium this season and 87-42-1 (.673) during head coach Jim
• Friday will be Liberty's first game in nine days. The Flames had a break in their schedule for exams.
• Liberty won its only contest of the month over North Carolina A&T, 6-2, May 2, at Worthington Stadium.
• Liberty enters the weekend with 12 saves. 10 different Flames have recorded at least one this season.
• Liberty is 29-5 when scoring the first run of a game this season. The Flames are 5-10 were their opponent scores first.
• Liberty continues to cut down would be base stealers, having caught 26 would be base stealers.
• The Flames have thrown out 43 percent of runners attempting to steal this season (26-60).
With an 7-0 win over Winthrop on April 13, Liberty recorded its ninth shutout this season, setting a new program record. The Flames have doubled the previous record of four.
• Liberty is one shy of the Big South record of 10, set by the 2001 Winthrop Eagles.
Haley and Parmley Look to Enter Season Top 10 Lists
• Shortstop Zack Haley enters the weekend with 18 doubles to lead the Big South Conference.
• The senior is one shy of joining Liberty's season Top 10 list in the category. Eight former Flames have collected 19 doubles in a season.
• Former Liberty outfielder Phillip Laurent tops the list with 27 doubles in 2006.
• Outfielder Ian Parmley is one stolen base shy of entering the program's Top 10 list in the
category. Currently, he has 24 steals, which is second in the Big South Conference.
• Last season, he finished with 27 stolen bases. The total ranks sixth on Liberty's season list.
• Gary Wagner tops the list with 46 in 1983.
• Parmley currently ranks eight all-time on Liberty's career stolen base list with 51.