Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
NCAA FCS Playoff Watch: 2011
NCAA FCS Playoff Ticket order form
This weekend, No. 16/16 Liberty travels to Long Island to face Stony Brook in a Big South Conference championship match-up. Kickoff inside of LaValle Stadium is set for 3:30 p.m.
For the first time in Big South history, two teams with 5-0 Big South records will meet during the final regular-season game of the year. The contest will determine the 2011 Big South title and the recipient of the league's automatic bid to the NCAA FCS Playoffs. The victor in the game will be crowned this year's Big South Conference champion and capture their first-ever berth into the NCAA FCS Playoffs.
The "Road to Frisco" will begin with four first-round games during Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 26), followed by eight second-round games on Dec. 3. The quarterfinals are slated for Dec. 10, followed by semifinal match-ups on Dec. 16 and 17. The two surviving members will then travel to Frisco, Texas, to battle for the FCS National Championship at Pizza Hut Park on Jan. 7.
In an effort to prepare Liberty fans for the potential scenarios for the NCAA FCS Playoffs, the Flames Ticket Office has provided the following information should Liberty defeat Stony Brook on Saturday and earn the league's automatic bid to the postseason.
Liberty's season ticket holders can make sure they reserve the same great seats they had for the regular season by filling out the attached playoff order form. Payment can be made by check or credit card. If Liberty does not make the NCAA FCS Playoffs, your check and order form will be securely shredded.
In order to secure your seat, your order form must be submitted by Nov. 22 (Tuesday) at 6 p.m. Tickets will be available for pick up beginning on Nov. 23 (Wednesday) at Noon. Please see below for more information regarding potential dates and times of games, order deadlines and ticket pick-up times.
If the Flames should qualify for the NCAA FCS Playoffs and play their first-round game on the road, information on ticket allotment and policies will be released on LibertyFlames.com on Nov. 20 (Sunday) during the afternoon. Seating will be limited and tickets will be sold and seated based on Flames Club membership level and priority points.
For more information, contact the Liberty University Ticket Office at (434) 582-SEAT (7328), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Vines Center Ticket Office from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Q: When will I know when my Liberty Flames made the playoffs?
A: Should Liberty defeat Stony Brook on Saturday, the Flames will be awarded the Big South's automatic bid to the NCAA FCS Playoffs. Liberty would then learn its opponent and first-round location when the 2011 NCAA FCS Playoffs bracket is announced Nov. 20 (Sunday) at 10 a.m. on ESPNU.
Q: How soon can I submit my order form?
A: You can submit your order form as soon as you would like. Please keep in mind, the Flames Club priority deadline for submission to secure your seats is Nov. 22 (Tuesday) at 6 p.m. General fans may order premium seats at any point in time, but the seats will not be assigned until after all Flames Club priorities are fulfilled.
Q: Can I upgrade or change my seats from what I had during the regular season?
A: Yes, however, the only seats we can truly guarantee are the seats you had during the regular season. The Flames Ticket Office will do its best to give you the seats you request, however, it is based on availability and seats will be assigned based on your Flames Club membership level and priority points.
Q: When can I pick up the tickets I have reserved?
A: Fans can begin picking up their tickets at the Vines Center Ticket Office on Nov. 23 (Wednesday) by Noon. The Flames Ticket Office will be closed on Nov. 24 (Thursday) for the Thanksgiving holiday. Vines Center ticket pick-up will resume beginning at 9 a.m. on November 25 (Friday). Tickets will also be available for pick-up on game-day, either at the Williams Football Operations Center Ticket Office (if Liberty hosts a first-round game) or at the Will Call window (if Liberty travels for a first-round game). Ticket Office game day operational hours will be released once the game time has been determined.
2011 FCS Playoff Selection Show – Nov. 20 (Sunday) – 10 a.m. on ESPNU
Priority deadline/order form submission – Nov. 22 (Tuesday) by 6 p.m.
Playoff game ticket pickup – Nov. 23+ (Wednesday) and Nov. 25# (Friday) at the Vines Center Ticket Office
? Tickets are available for pickup from Noon to 6 p.m.
? Tickets are available for pickup from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
*The Ticket Office will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday on Nov. 24 (Thursday)
2011 FCS Playoffs Opening Round – Nov. 26 (Saturday)
In the event Liberty hosts NCAA FCS Playoff games at Williams Stadium:
• NCAA FCS Playoff game tickets can only be pre-ordered by order form using credit or check. Credit cards will not be charged until Liberty qualifies and is selected to host an NCAA FCS Playoff game. Checks and order forms will be shredded if the team is not selected to host.
• Ticket Prices for all NCAA FCS Playoff games at Williams Stadium will be as follows:
o Club Seating (must be FC qualified) - $50.00
o Blue Premium - $25.00
o Red Reserved - $20.00
o General Admission - $15.00
o Liberty Students with Flames Pass - $5.00
• Seat locations for season ticket holders will be guaranteed if orders are received by 6pm on the Tuesday before each playoff game.
• Ticket orders received after 6 p.m. on Nov. 22 (Tuesday) prior to the playoff game will be seated based on the best remaining seat locations.
• Seat improvements may be requested, but cannot be guaranteed. All seating requests will be assigned in Flames Club Priority order.
• Tickets will not be mailed and will be available for pick-up starting at Noon on Nov. 23 (Wednesday) prior to the game.
• Liberty students will be required to purchase tickets for the game and Liberty student seating will have to be modified to accommodate NCAA mandated visitor seating behind the visiting team bench.
• Liberty students may purchase discounted student tickets in-person with their Flames Pass at the Vines Center Ticket Office or online via the splash page announcement regarding student playoff tickets. Phone orders will not be available for students.
In the event Liberty travels to an NCAA FCS Playoff game:
• Only Flames Club Members may order tickets the Monday and Tuesday prior to any road game during the 2011 NCAA FCS Playoffs (all rounds). Any remaining tickets will be made available to the general public starting Wednesday prior to the game.
• All seats will be assigned in Flames Club Priority order.
• Order quantities may be limited and will vary based on our allotment for each game.
• Tickets will not be mailed.
• Check LibertyFlames.com for Will Call information as it may change based on game location and travel schedules.