Flames NewsFlames Home > Lacrosse Home > News
Timeout with Crowley and McIntosh
|The Liberty women's lacrosse team concludes a four-game homestand on Tuesday, hosting Virginia Tech at 5:30 p.m.|
Just before the Liberty lacrosse team's final practice prior to its Tuesday meeting with Virginia Tech, Flames Sports Network's Alan York caught up with team captains, Chloe McIntosh and Kristin Crowley.
York and the tandem preview the matchup with the Hokies and also discuss the Lady Flames' three-game win streak and solid defensive effort against Howard this past Sunday.
Be sure to catch the Lady Flames in action tomorrow at 5:30 p.m., as they conclude a four-game homestand at Osborne Stadium against their first-ever ACC opponent.
- Liberty's 19 goals against Howard on Sunday is the most-ever scored by a Liberty squad in a single game. The Lady Flames' 10-goal margin of victory over the Bison is also its largest in program history.
- Liberty is off to a 2-0 start in National Lacrosse Conference (NLC) play for the first time. Regan Denham's squad is currently on a three-game win streak, with wins over Fresno State (14-13), Detroit Mercy (15-10) and Howard (19-9).
- The Lady Flames are 4-1 at home on the season and 4-0 at Osborne Stadium. The Lady Flames' lone loss at home occurred at Williams Stadium, as the Monmouth Hawks defeated Liberty, 15-11, on March 6.
- Liberty hosts a Virginia Tech squad with a 7-4 record on the season. The Hokies are 3-0 against NLC teams this season, defeating High Point (18-13), Presbyterian College (18-8) and Davidson (15-5) to begin the 2011 campaign.
- Virginia Tech is No. 38 in the latest Laxpower.com power ratings, making the Hokies the highest-rated team the Lady Flames have ever faced. The Hokies have one win over a ranked team this season, as they defeated Boston College, 12-11, on March 12. At the time, Boston College was No. 16 in the country.
- The Lady Flames have a shooting percentage of .527 (48-of-91) and clear percentage of .815 (44-of-54) during the three-game span. In the first four games prior to the three-game streak, Liberty shot .427 (38-of-89) and held a clear percentage of .696 (39-of-56).
- Freshman midfielder Nina Dunay is 10th in the country in goals per game, averaging 3.5 per contest. Attacker Karis Walborn is listed at No. 32 in the category, with 2.86 markers per game.
- Goalkeeper Kristen Masullo has started all seven contests in goal for Liberty and has made 94 saves on the season. The Berkeley Heights, N.J. native leads the country in saves per game (13.0) and save percentage (.534) and is ninth in the country in total saves.